Respected Contributor

Anyone Watching The Haunting of Hill House?

Based on a book by Shirley Jackson from 1959.  Scariest thing I've seen since the first Michael Myers.  On Netflix.  Don't know how many episodes I'll be able to watch and still sleep.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching The Haunting of Hill House?

Watched the first one still debating if I should watch anymore or get anymore involved,too much for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm not watching, but DS is watching at college. He likes shows like this anyway, but he also knows one of the stars (Victoria). Apparently she's really good in it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

Watched the first one still debating if I should watch anymore or get anymore involved,too much for me.

@Graydoxiechick

We are up to 3 now.  Not sure I can go further. 

Respected Contributor

Here is a review that might explain it better.  I think i understand now. 

"Here, the ghosts haunting the house are barely explained, and the biggest mysteries are about the Crains themselves. The journey to the end is not about discovering some ancient sin that has to be rectified, but rather how each of the Crains can deal with their losses, both from decades earlier and more recent."

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I'm not watching, but DS is watching at college. He likes shows like this anyway, but he also knows one of the stars (Victoria). Apparently she's really good in it. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

She plays Nell Craine.  She has been murdered or committed suicide.  Each episode spotlights one of the characters and lets you see how they got to today.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing @Georgiagrama I may take a look this weekend...I like scary movies but will watch during the daytime!

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama I'm on episode 3.  The first episode gave me nightmares!  Have you ever seen the first movie made of the book?  One of the scariest movies I've ever seen.  They made a second one which was pretty awful.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

It will have to be really great to beat the original "The Haunting", 1963 movie with Julie Harris, et al; vividly remember that film!

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama  I just watched some of the trailers, and this series looks really good...and really scary!  Smiley Surprised

@Mz iMac  I have a feeling you are watching this?  Cat LOL 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥