Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching The Bachelor??

@CatsyCline   Perhaps you are missing the point.  There has been so much talk about what Chris Harrison did which I believe he was standing up to some person on the Bachelor for attending an event at a plantation.  Then the answer is hiring a black person to take Chris' place.  The point I am trying to make is it was so obvious who would replace Chris.  I don't feel its genuine but rather to appease what happened.  Just like the new Bachelor is the first black man in how many years?  That's a disgrace.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Chris Harrison, during the interview in question, reiterated multiple times that he was not sticking up for Rachel (the other Rachel, not Rachel Lindsay) and her choice to go to that party in 2018. What he said was, in summary, is that many people attended the Old South type parties in 2018, and that people should refrain from playing judge and jury until they had all the facts.

He neither condemned nor condoned her actions; that's it. And now the man could lose his entire career.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Chris Harrison, during the interview in question, reiterated multiple times that he was not sticking up for Rachel (the other Rachel, not Rachel Lindsay) and her choice to go to that party in 2018. What he said was, in summary, is that many people attended the Old South type parties in 2018, and that people should refrain from playing judge and jury until they had all the facts.

He neither condemned nor condoned her actions; that's it. And now the man could lose his entire career.

Probably because he didn't come out and say it was wrong.  Wow it is 2021 and some people have no idea what is disrespectful.  If he doesn't get it I am not sure how he has progressed in his career.  Probably because he has only interacted with people who look like him.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am sure his replacement will work out just fine.  I am so sick of these networks making changes and replacing with the black race ( I have nothing against the race) but it is so obvious of replacements because of all the recent remarks made.  I think it really is a little on the part of the complainers as they should have complained long ago.  Personally, this program (The Bachelor) needs to be taken off TV.  It has run its course and most of the program is so phony now and not believable.  Also, the complainers need to aim a little higher like Senators or Presidents --- something that matters and will have an impact.  The Bachelor is hardly any big deal but just a TV show.

There is more than one race of people.  Most shows are one sided.  My group of friends are all different races.  Not sure why all the shows I grew up with were all one color.  Not a true representation of people.  Do most people only hang out with people who look like them?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919   I agree.  This world is made up of many different races and colors and it really is ashame that only two primarily are getting air time.  Hopefully, this will change.  I would like to see more commercials with Asian representation and/or HIspanic.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@sunshine 919   I agree.  This world is made up of many different races and colors and it really is ashame that only two primarily are getting air time.  Hopefully, this will change.  I would like to see more commercials with Asian representation and/or HIspanic.

I agree with you.  The sad thing is all races should have been represented from the beginning, instead of putting make up on people to look like a different race.  Just look at old westerns, not sure a true native american was ever portrayed by a true native american.  My goodness don't get me started on Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffanys his character of an Asian is disgraceful.

Valued Contributor

Why would the producers of Bachelor ask Rachel Lindsay who to replace Christ with?  Who appointed her as the voice of reason?  I never heard of her before the Bachelor and  since the Bachelor, I saw that she was on some low level reality shows - "Ghosted" was one that I did not watch.  Why is everyone tiptoeing around what Rachel wants?  

Rachel was a nobody before she was the Bachelorette and since then she has done nothing impressive.  All this brouhaha is about supporting a marginal celebrity status IMO.  She needs this controvery to seem relevant.

Valued Contributor

Additionally to the above, Rachel will not let this die away.  She will keep it going as long as possible - again, she needs the limelight to prop up a mediocore career.

Respected Contributor

If you like Chris Harrison he's on tonight on The Bachelor:  Women Tell All.  Almost certain:  his final Bachelor appearance.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always liked Chris Harrison. He has never said anything bad about the people on the show and I'm sure he could have all these years.

None of us would be employed if we were all punished for our regrets and mistakes in the past.

All anyone can do is move forward.