Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching The Bachelor??

Oh yes---and I actually like Matt.  My dog, Kevin, provides commentary (Seriously--this dog pays so much attention to the Bachelor shows.  One time during BIP--Jordan was going on and on about something and Kevin looked at me and fell over, like he was saying "This guy is RIDICULOUS". 

I like Abigail a lot but I knew she wouldn't make the hometowns.  Of the women left, I like Michelle the best.  This season was a much better location than the Palm Springs one where everyone was sweating in the 115 degree heat all the time.

I am a little disappointed in the pile on of Chris Harrison.  Were his remarks inappropriate regarding Rachel?  Yes.  She was the one who needed to step up and take ownership of the pictures from several years ago.  I have watched this show from the beginning and there have been several suitors that have pretty rascist attitudes--most of them men--did they get piled on?  Not as much as Rachel.  I'm expecting that this show will not continue if Chris isn't host.  I probably won't watch because I like him.  Then all the pile on will have been for naught.  Nothing will be learned and the attitudes will be perpetuated.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

i am loving that nemacolin resort. i am so ready to go there for a long weekend when things open back up more. luckily, it is only about a 3 or 4 hour drive for me. looks like a wonderful place to relax and enjoy. i had never even heard of it before, but got a lot of positive feedback when i began a thread about it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I can handle the bachelorette better than I can the Bachelor. 25+ men are less dramatic than 25+ women.

I’m watching but just barely. I also don’t see Matt lasting with any of them and these are some truly ugly on the inside women this season.

The nastiness is deplorable. Mean girls to the max.
Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Oh yes---and I actually like Matt.  My dog, Kevin, provides commentary (Seriously--this dog pays so much attention to the Bachelor shows.  One time during BIP--Jordan was going on and on about something and Kevin looked at me and fell over, like he was saying "This guy is RIDICULOUS". 

I like Abigail a lot but I knew she wouldn't make the hometowns.  Of the women left, I like Michelle the best.  This season was a much better location than the Palm Springs one where everyone was sweating in the 115 degree heat all the time.

I am a little disappointed in the pile on of Chris Harrison.  Were his remarks inappropriate regarding Rachel?  Yes.  She was the one who needed to step up and take ownership of the pictures from several years ago.  I have watched this show from the beginning and there have been several suitors that have pretty rascist attitudes--most of them men--did they get piled on?  Not as much as Rachel.  I'm expecting that this show will not continue if Chris isn't host.  I probably won't watch because I like him.  Then all the pile on will have been for naught.  Nothing will be learned and the attitudes will be perpetuated.

First off, that is hilarious about Kevin!  I can understand Jordan getting that kind of response from him!

IMO the other Rachel has been working to get to this point since she first appeared on The Bachelor years ago.   IMO her mission was to destroy the franchise because she didn't agree with how it was represented.   We are finally in a social climate where she has been able to pull it off.  I don't understand all her little lemmings following her and being so vocal about wanting the demise of it.  How many of them would have the social media followers or be influencers,  podcasts, all this other stuff, if they didn't have The Bachelor as their launch pad, not the least of which is Rachel, herself...Lindsay....I couldn't think of her last name.  She has how many podcasts, on Extra or one of those shows, and some other show...she would have none of that if it weren't for Bachelor.   Talk about all of them biting the hand that feeds them.

Again, not to say she didn't have a good cause and shouldn't work at it, but I don't think she had to be so venomous and try to destroy it all, which at this point I think she is doing.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom I completely agree with you about Rachel L.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I think you are absolutely right.

I think the show is ridiculous--it always has been, but it is mindless entertainment for me.  I actually love the BIP show.  People know what they are signing up for--you don't get to boohoo about it aftewards.

Esteemed Contributor

This show has always been a fun train wreck. Rachael Lindsay who was a pretty good bachelorette is out for blood. She went after Garrett who did nothing, she is now going after Chris Harrison for an awkward conversation. I don't get that party that Rachel K went to and am even surprised by the theme. Let Rachel K explain it. Chris was trying to explain how cancel culture doesn't work and he got canceled. I won't watch if he isn't the host. Matt is okay. Nice but dull. The resort is better than the Palm Springs one but without the travel it is excruciating to watch people trapped for weeks on end. Matt your soul mate is Tyler.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Do not see the Bachelor franchh continuing. CH stuck his nose ina pile of poop. Stepping down? stepping out

Honored Contributor

"hometown visits" tonight......4 ladies left.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I don't see Matt ending up with anyone.  Why?

Because he is best friends with Tyler who got him on the show.

Tyler is a player.  Matt puts on a good act but I'm not buying it.

Valued Contributor

Now all the show villains (not counting the real life villain) are gone it’s put more focus on Matt.

He is as dry as toast.