Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching The Bachelor??

@colliegirls    i too like Chris Harrison. He is the Face of the Bachelor and i hope he continues as host.   i do feel he was blindsided. i've heard him described as the loose thread that unraveled the franchise... but the blame really lies with the show's producers...they knew of the lack of diversity in the show, and did little to remedy the perception. it's been discussed for years.  now, reportedly, staff are to be receiving sensitivity training and more new hires will be PoC...

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

Why would the producers of Bachelor ask Rachel Lindsay who to replace Christ with?  Who appointed her as the voice of reason?  I never heard of her before the Bachelor and  since the Bachelor, I saw that she was on some low level reality shows - "Ghosted" was one that I did not watch.  Why is everyone tiptoeing around what Rachel wants?  

Rachel was a nobody before she was the Bachelorette and since then she has done nothing impressive.  All this brouhaha is about supporting a marginal celebrity status IMO.  She needs this controvery to seem relevant.

It is not about Rachel its what he said or didn't say during their interview.  I am not sure if they asked her or why they would, if he had not been so dismissive in his interview he would still have a job.

Esteemed Contributor

Chris Harrison did a good job of making people feel comfortable when he interviewed them.  He showed a lot of empathy.   He lost his job on the show?  I only watch the tell all shows.  What a shame.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, @Snoopp , if you watch the women tell all tonight you will see a disclaimer that this was filmed before he stepped away.  That irritates me that they put that on this show and on the game show he was on, was it Wheel of Fortunate?  That is was filmed prior to this.  I wonder if he is still doing Millionaire or if he had to step away from that, too.

Rachel L is still making sure to keep front and center with shutting down her instagram account and having all her lemmings come out in force because she is being "bullied", as well as ABC has her back.  What is now starting, and will be fun, is all these heads of the cancel culture are being called out for a statement, tweet, they made over ten years ago.  Of course they feel that should be overlooked because they were young and it is them and an empty apology should suffice.

I will be interested to see the ratings for the After the Final Rose.  That will tell the tale if people are on board for all of this and heavily invested in it or ready to check out.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919   You made me look back at Mickey Rooney and yes he was quite laughable to look at.  I surely hope they did not intend for him to be seriously taken looking like that.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers   Yes, she seems to be always butting her two cents in everywhere as far as the Bachelor show. She needs to take care of her own life.   I want to know whatever happened to having an opinion in the case of Chris Harrison.  Does everyone have to agree with this R. Lindsay character?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

overnight suites tonight.......

who will feel confident? who will get upset? 3 ladies left!

who will be watching?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

No.  I haven't been watching for several seasons.

Well, Maybe I'll take a peek at this evening's episode.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Anybody still watching?  I checked out with all the latest drama.  But I was reading that CH is out for the next season and Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe, who were both on seasons of The Bachelor and then the Bachelorette, will be taking over for him for the next season, with Katie being the Bachelorette.  I was surprised by their choice for a replacement.  

And then as far as the Bachelorette, it seems they wanted MIchelle, but she didn't want to take that time off work back to back, so they are having Katie, who had been the original choice, and then have another season of it with Michelle.

At this point it just seems they are so busy trying to save the franchise that they are just scrambling and throwing youknowwhat at the wall to see what sticks that won't offend people.

Valued Contributor

Katie Thurston as the new Bachelorette - yuck.

She's the one that showed up with a purple vibrator and continued to create all kinds of stealth drama when she was in the house.  That vibrator nonsense was just trashy to me.