Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching The Bachelor??

@Wsmom wrote:

@DrKelli wrote:

Oh yes---and I actually like Matt.  My dog, Kevin, provides commentary (Seriously--this dog pays so much attention to the Bachelor shows.  One time during BIP--Jordan was going on and on about something and Kevin looked at me and fell over, like he was saying "This guy is RIDICULOUS". 

I like Abigail a lot but I knew she wouldn't make the hometowns.  Of the women left, I like Michelle the best.  This season was a much better location than the Palm Springs one where everyone was sweating in the 115 degree heat all the time.

I am a little disappointed in the pile on of Chris Harrison.  Were his remarks inappropriate regarding Rachel?  Yes.  She was the one who needed to step up and take ownership of the pictures from several years ago.  I have watched this show from the beginning and there have been several suitors that have pretty rascist attitudes--most of them men--did they get piled on?  Not as much as Rachel.  I'm expecting that this show will not continue if Chris isn't host.  I probably won't watch because I like him.  Then all the pile on will have been for naught.  Nothing will be learned and the attitudes will be perpetuated.

First off, that is hilarious about Kevin!  I can understand Jordan getting that kind of response from him!

IMO the other Rachel has been working to get to this point since she first appeared on The Bachelor years ago.   IMO her mission was to destroy the franchise because she didn't agree with how it was represented.   We are finally in a social climate where she has been able to pull it off.  I don't understand all her little lemmings following her and being so vocal about wanting the demise of it.  How many of them would have the social media followers or be influencers,  podcasts, all this other stuff, if they didn't have The Bachelor as their launch pad, not the least of which is Rachel, herself...Lindsay....I couldn't think of her last name.  She has how many podcasts, on Extra or one of those shows, and some other show...she would have none of that if it weren't for Bachelor.   Talk about all of them biting the hand that feeds them.

Again, not to say she didn't have a good cause and shouldn't work at it, but I don't think she had to be so venomous and try to destroy it all, which at this point I think she is doing.

EXACTLY

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I wouldn't reward Rachel L with a job of hosting the "After the Rose" show.   She managed to get Chris fired and is very vocal about how she wants the show gone.  Why would you have her on the show as a host?  

I do not care for Rachel L.  She totally bit the hand that fed her.  I like Chris Harrison.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I wouldn't reward Rachel L with a job of hosting the "After the Rose" show.   She managed to get Chris fired and is very vocal about how she wants the show gone.  Why would you have her on the show as a host?  

It's suspicious- could be that this has been her plan all along. That's how it appears to me.

Trusted Contributor

I think Matt has the personality of a stick and is very boring.  I never saw a real spark or connection with anyone of these women anyway. 

Now the drama with Chris Harrison.  What a shame.

Hope it all smooth's over for next season and the next contestant has a great personality and the show goes back to what it was some years back.

Trusted Contributor

Matt seems like a really nice person but he also seems like he's just not really into it. Just kind of dull, in my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

No one would know who Rachel Lindsay was if it weren't for the Bachelor  She has a career because of the very franchise she seems determined to destroy.  I suspect the Bachelor has staying power, but I see Ms. Rachel fading into the sunset.

As to Matt, I suspect he's in it because of the Tyler influence.  They are roommates in NY.  NY is a very expensive city to live in.  I can't see any of the women who are left as contestants flourishing there.  Housing is thru the roof.  They live a much more comfortable lifestyle where they are currently located.  

Supposedly Matt is teaching students hydroponic gradening - I'm not seeing that as a sustainable career path.

ALso, Matt on the reunion apparently has grown a very unattractive beard.  Someone should tell him to loose that ASAP.

I agree 1000% about Rachel L's motives.  She hated everything about her season, has stated 100 times that she didn't get her happily ever after edit, and yet she's still on the payroll and comes on the show when asked.  All of her side gigs are related to the Bachelor franchise.

I watched Chris's interview with her and I watched her interview after Chris stepped away.  I understand where both of them are coming from and why everyone is upset.  I can't defend anything Chris H said,  he was trying to protect the final outcome of the show at all costs and it cost him because he waded into territory he had no business speaking about.

For me, the owners of the franchise should have said either (1) she can't speak until the final episode airs or (2) let her speak and defend herself.

I think whoever was hoping it would blow over lost the bet and that's the person who should go down.  They sent Chris out there to do "something" and it was just the worst thing. 

For me, Chris is the show.  I don't see Jo Jo or Wells or anyone who is popular in the franchise taking it over.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The only winner here is Mike.  He was smart not to take the Bachelor gig when it was offerred.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I agree that the ATFR show will be all about the fall out.  I stopped watching in week 3 I think.  It was just boring me, so I was just following along on Twitter for the humor.

I watch this show as a diversion.  Mondays are my busiest days at work and this is the high point of my day, watching people do stupid things for money.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Evidently Rachel suggested who should host ATFR.  Also she has shut down her instagram because of all the hate she is getting.  Of course all of "bachelor nation" is rallying around her, calling out all the haters and how can people be so mean.  But my fave is Becca, who has said she loves her and will stand by her 100% regardless of what people are saying and doing, etc.  Now keep in mind, Becca's finace from the show had a family of police officers.  During the last turmoil with the police he supported his family on social meda.  Rachel and others went after him relentlessly for that and finally Becca decided she needed to stand by Rachel rather than her fiance for supporting his family.  I will give it to Rachel...she must have a very dynamic personality to be able to pull all this off and I imagine she would be a fabulous trial attorney.

@VaBelle35 , you said Rachel said she didn't get her happily ever after.  She married her final guy though.  Is she saying  he isn't who she actually  wanted?   Were there not enough people of color; therefore, she had to chose a white guy?

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Evidently Rachel suggested who should host ATFR.  Also she has shut down her instagram because of all the hate she is getting.  Of course all of "bachelor nation" is rallying around her, calling out all the haters and how can people be so mean.  But my fave is Becca, who has said she loves her and will stand by her 100% regardless of what people are saying and doing, etc.  Now keep in mind, Becca's finace from the show had a family of police officers.  During the last turmoil with the police he supported his family on social meda.  Rachel and others went after him relentlessly for that and finally Becca decided she needed to stand by Rachel rather than her fiance for supporting his family.  I will give it to Rachel...she must have a very dynamic personality to be able to pull all this off and I imagine she would be a fabulous trial attorney.

@VaBelle35 , you said Rachel said she didn't get her happily ever after.  She married her final guy though.  Is she saying  he isn't who she actually  wanted?   Were there not enough people of color; therefore, she had to chose a white guy?

@Wsmom   Her issue was with the way the episode was edited.  Every other Bachelorette gets the happily ever after edit and she did not.

Now, however, she is opening up to say, "I was denied my on-camera happy ending" and "labeled an angry black female."

Also noted the controversial ending from Becca's season regarding her choice's social media.

You can google the article from 2018 in The Hollywood Reporter titled 

AUGUST 07, 2018  by Jackie Strause

Ex-Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay Criticizes Show Producers Over Finale Edit

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN