Respected Contributor

Anyone Watching My Brilliant Friend?

Has anyone been watching My Brilliant Friend this season? It's been one of my favorite shows each week. That Lila ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching My Brilliant Friend?

Me! I've read three of the four books in this series. They are really being authentic to the story in the show which is hard to find these days. The friendship between Lila and Lena is "interesting". 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse  I'll have to read the books next. Usually, it's the other way around for me: book 1st, then video or series. Glad to hear the HBO series has been authentic.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have....haven't watched the most recent episode yet. Did read all the books, which I loved. Now into the second season , I will say I found the books a little more absorbing than the tv series....I find myself finding Lila a whole

lot of work for very little reward, and questioning just why they remained such good "friends!😄! It's also quite depressing 

to actually see all the abuse and demeaning treatment on screen than it was to merely read about it, where you could skip over it if u wanted. I'll stick with it, I guess, since it's a fascinating portrayal of a way of life I'm glad ( and lucky) not to grow up in.