Honored Contributor

I'm an Arthur Chu admirer.  I so much enjoyed watching him prevail and become a finalist last night. 

So, do you watch? When you know an answer the contestants don't does it please you  more than it should as it does me?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching Jeopardy?

Oh I am devoted to that show. Yes I am so happy to know an answer they don't. Their range of knowledge is amazing
Respected Contributor

Love Jeopardy.  I agree with you - he's a very interesting contestant.  I'm often amazed when I know an answer to any of the questions.

Years ago when the guy won so much money and finally missed the final Jeopardy question, I knew the answer to that one - UPS!  Not that I'm a genius, but my son worked for UPS at the time and we were familiar with their holiday hiring. Sorry I can't remember that man's name.

Honored Contributor

It's nice to know I'm not alone.  I like that such a small thing, knowing the answer, is so satisfying. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I'm not home when Jeopardy is on and don't watch. My friend was on last month, so I did record his episode and watch that one.

And yes, the rare times I do watch, I am always excited when I know an answer. When my friend was on, I knew the final Jeaopardy answer and was dancing around my apartment and singing the answer to the tune of the Jeopardy music because it was an easy answer for me and I thought for sure he would get it right. But he did not. Smiley Sad Oh, that was sad.

Honored Contributor

Are they reairing a past Tournament of Champions, or is Mr. Chu in a new tournament?  I tuned in yesterday and seemed to remember bits of the show.

Respected Contributor

I have Jeopardy on auto record....I've never missed a show but I tend to erase the shows where the contestants are children and/or "celebrities". Neither are interesting  

nor enjoyable to me. 

Ken Jennings was the contestant who won a gazillion dollars and when he missed the UPS answer I honestly thought he did it on purpose. The show is 2 weeks into a 6 week hiatus and the shows airing now are reruns.

I love getting the answer, when the contestant doesn't , if someone else is in the room with me.....it's my time to show off and amaze ! LOL

Respected Contributor

Since these are re-runs we don't watch. But we watch the new episodes daily. I enoy it when I know the answers.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've been watching Jeopardy since before Alex Trebeck! Years ago it was hosted by Art Fleming. The announcer was Don Pardoe.
I'm such a fan, it's crazy!

I secretly gloat when I get the answers and they don't!

There will never be a better game show in my eyes!

eyes.png

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch new shows, re-runs not so much. Winners get paid when they are done and their last show airs. Makes a tough time for multiple winners after a while as they need to get back to their jobs and really would like to bank their winnings. I believe Ken Jennings was getting tired of it all. I think I see that in some of the newer multiple winners. Always wonder how far Brad Rutter and Steve Forrest would have gone if they did not have the 5 win limit when they were first on the show. Steve was Ken's inspiration and Brad won more total money of any contestant. I am impressed by their memories, when sometimes I can't recall what I had for lunch yesterday.