Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching America's Got Talent:Champions

The show was great last night. I am sick of all the singers.yes they are all good but enough already.

I hope the order of finish is

1 shim lin   the greastest card magician i ever saw

2 darci lynn   what she did last night singing opera was unbeliveable

3  the sand artist   was unbeliveable and different.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also would have wanted to vote- who are the 'superfans' they refer to??  How did they get picked?

ShinLm is fantastic! But I also loved Brian and Paul. Although Paul Potts has won and already has a career going- so Brian is my first choice of the singers.

The new season of AGT has 2 new female judges- also Tyra isn't coming back! I really like Terry Crews hosting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The fact that we've never seen or heard anything about the super fans, makes me wonder if they really exist. 

After the super fans voted through  Spain's winner, I became suspicious.

I have a sneaky suspicion TPTB chose the finalists and the Champion. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love them all and it's going to be a hard choice. 

Shin Lim, Susan Boyle, Paul Potts, and the sand artist (long name that I can't remember) all gave me the chills.  I wouldn't know who to vote for.

Who did Paul dedicate the song to?  I tried to rewind it and the applause was so loud I didn't catch it a 2nd time. 

No idea how Shin Lim does it but he's incredible.

I didn't think that Kechi was that great this time around and actually agreed with Mel B for once in my life.  LOL.

Darci Lynne would always get my vote and that operatic voice is incredible.  Angelica Hale really has grown up in talent and maturity. 

What can I say about Brian Justin Crum?  Incredible.  Loved his song much better than last week.

Respected Contributor

@SWEET

Paul Potts mentioned Neal Boyd, the singer who won AGT 3.  He died last year.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

@SWEET

@lulu1, Thanks! I don't think I watched back then.

Respected Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@SWEET

Neal Boyd was a pop-opera singer. (I'm a closeted opera buff and didn't think he was all that great)  The singer-pianist (Eli Mattson) he beat was really talented, and seemed to be a shoe-in. 

Respected Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

The show was great last night. I am sick of all the singers.yes they are all good but enough already.

I hope the order of finish is

1 shim lin   the greastest card magician i ever saw

2 darci lynn   what she did last night singing opera was unbeliveable

3  the sand artist   was unbeliveable and different.

@heart of savino  We have the same top 3, but I think  I'd put Darci Lynn in the first position.  Maybe not.  I don't know.  Shin Lim is phenomenal.   

This is a tough decision.  Glad I don't have to  make it.  Woman LOL

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@SWEET

Neal Boyd was a pop-opera singer. (I'm a closeted opera buff and didn't think he was all that great)  The singer-pianist (Eli Mattson) he beat was really talented, and seemed to be a shoe-in. 

@lulu1   I didn't know the name, either-  I jsut googled him after reading your post and saw he was from the Jerry Springer days of AGT! I didn't watch then as well. I listened to his audition, he sang well. But no where near like a Paul Potts! I'll listen to some of Eli's performances too.

Neal was so young when he passed - it seems he had a multitude of health issues. Being on AGT I'm sure helped lemgthen his life, with all the positivity he received.

Listening back to the early days of AGT- you can see how the talent has evolved! If he audtioned today I don't think Neal Boyd would have made it much past the beginning. There have been several operas singers that didn't go far. Remember what they put Daniel Emmet through last year? And he was incredible!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

The fact that we've never seen or heard anything about the super fans, makes me wonder if they really exist. 

After the super fans voted through  Spain's winner, I became suspicious.

I have a sneaky suspicion TPTB chose the finalists and the Champion. 

@lulu1 I'm skeptical, too Woman Happy - but here's a snippet of a Forbes interview with Simon...

Forbes: Why did you decide to go with a pretaped format with Superfan voters instead of the traditional live format? Who exactly are these Superfans from the “50 states”?

SC: The Superfans were important because they are all fans of the show, and we had to make sure they represented every state. But they were in the neighboring place to where I was filming. When I say these guys were taking it seriously, they were taking it seriously. I would pop in several times during the taping and say you know, how’s it going… blah blah blah, and I really think they enjoyed the fact that, you know, they really had to think about it. And what was really impressive was they didn’t just vote for the American act. There were these surprises. It says a lot about the people who know who watch AGT. It’s a very inclusive show. I like the idea of doing it the way we did.