Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Watch the old show Mission Impossible?

@Bridgegal wrote:

@lmt 

Me too. I wish he'd do another one.  He does 99% of his stunts in those movies too.

@Bridgegal    He is!! They're also doing MI 8.

There have been tons of pictures of Cruise filming MI 7. 

Tom Cruise joins action-packed Mission: Impossible 7 shoot in Rome | Metro  News

Tom Cruise returns to Venice to film Mission Impossible 7

‘Mission: Impossible’ 7 and 8 will no longer be filmed back-to-back

Coronavirus-related delays have changed the films' plans once again

The 7th and 8th Mission: Impossible films will no longer be filmed back-to-back, sources say.

The latest editions in the Tom Cruise-starring franchise are set to come out in May 2022 and November 2022 respectively.

Mission: Impossible 7 has been filming worldwide for the last year, with initial production in Italy last February postponed due to the early COVID outbreak in the country. Since then, the film has shot in the UK and Abu Dhabi.

The seventh film is now applying its “finishing touches” according to director Christopher McQuarrie in a new Instagram post. Though the plan was to go straight into production for the next film, Deadline now reports that the change in timetable caused by the previous COVID-related delays mean there is now a scheduling conflict for Cruise, who needs to promote his upcoming film Top Gun: Maverick, out in July.

The cast includes: Hayley Atwell, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Angela Bassett, Rebecca Ferguson, Vanessa Kirby, Cary Elwes, Esai Morales and Pom Klementieff.

In addition, Henry Czerny returns as Eugene Kittridge, the former director of the IMF last seen in the first MI film.

Last year, a rant by Tom Cruise directed at crew members on MI 7 who he believed weren't following coronavirus safety procedures went viral.

Back in December, it was reported that Cruise scolded two crew members who were standing too close to each other in front of a computer monitor, saying: “If I see you do it again you’re f***ing gone.”

“We are the gold standard,” Cruise can be heard saying in an audio file obtained by The Sun. “They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us. Because they believe in us and what we’re doing. I’m on the phone with every f***ing studio at night, insurance companies, producers and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs, you m*****f***ers. I don’t ever want to see it again. Ever!”

Five crew members have reportedly quit MI 7 following Cruise's rant.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals,  I really enjoy the series and occasionally record the MeTV episodes.

I like both Steven Hill AND Peter Graves pretty much equally as head of the Mission Impossible group! Hill for his intensity, and Graves for his all-American, reassuring, sort of "upright" vibe.  Can never choose my favorite.  Perfect cast in Barbara Bain, Martin Landau (he of those remarkably 'searing' blue eyes) and Greg Morris.

Fun little trivia:   I love that the devoted Orthodox Jew Steven Hill held services between takes at the studio for other religiously observant cast members-- he was a neat guy. 

Honored Contributor

Have NEVER seen the TC films.

Supposedly SH left the series due to religious diffs.

Liked SH on Law and Order.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@lmt 

Thanks for that great news.   

As for his rant...WHOA!!  While I appreciate his intervening for safety sake, there is a way to do that appropriately.  I'm not surprised some people quit.  

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@lmt 

Me too. I wish he'd do another one.  He does 99% of his stunts in those movies too.

@Bridgegal    He is!! They're also doing MI 8.

There have been tons of pictures of Cruise filming MI 7. 

Tom Cruise joins action-packed Mission: Impossible 7 shoot in Rome | Metro  News

Tom Cruise returns to Venice to film Mission Impossible 7

‘Mission: Impossible’ 7 and 8 will no longer be filmed back-to-back

Coronavirus-related delays have changed the films' plans once again

The 7th and 8th Mission: Impossible films will no longer be filmed back-to-back, sources say.

The latest editions in the Tom Cruise-starring franchise are set to come out in May 2022 and November 2022 respectively.

Mission: Impossible 7 has been filming worldwide for the last year, with initial production in Italy last February postponed due to the early COVID outbreak in the country. Since then, the film has shot in the UK and Abu Dhabi.

The seventh film is now applying its “finishing touches” according to director Christopher McQuarrie in a new Instagram post. Though the plan was to go straight into production for the next film, Deadline now reports that the change in timetable caused by the previous COVID-related delays mean there is now a scheduling conflict for Cruise, who needs to promote his upcoming film Top Gun: Maverick, out in July.

The cast includes: Hayley Atwell, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Angela Bassett, Rebecca Ferguson, Vanessa Kirby, Cary Elwes, Esai Morales and Pom Klementieff.

In addition, Henry Czerny returns as Eugene Kittridge, the former director of the IMF last seen in the first MI film.

Last year, a rant by Tom Cruise directed at crew members on MI 7 who he believed weren't following coronavirus safety procedures went viral.

Back in December, it was reported that Cruise scolded two crew members who were standing too close to each other in front of a computer monitor, saying: “If I see you do it again you’re f***ing gone.”

“We are the gold standard,” Cruise can be heard saying in an audio file obtained by The Sun. “They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us. Because they believe in us and what we’re doing. I’m on the phone with every f***ing studio at night, insurance companies, producers and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs, you m*****f***ers. I don’t ever want to see it again. Ever!”

Five crew members have reportedly quit MI 7 following Cruise's rant.

Thanks for the update.  As for the rant...WHOA!!.  While I appreciate his concern for safety, there are appropriate ways to do that.  I'm not surprised people quit.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @Group 5 minus 1 ,  I read that at the beginning of "Mission Impossible",  Steven Hill had an agreement with the producers that he would not have to work on the Jewish Sabbath.  They later reneged on this promise, and he left the series after, I think, just one year or one season. 

Super Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, @Group 5 minus 1 ,  I read that at the beginning of "Mission Impossible",  Steven Hill had an agreement with the producers that he would not have to work on the Jewish Sabbath.  They later reneged on this promise, and he left the series after, I think, just one year or one season. 

I have read that also. A bit of trivia. For those who watched Buffy, Barbara Bain and Martin Landau's daughter Juliet Landau played Drusilla. 

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal   I can understand Cruise being upset. There are alot of people who are depending on him for their jobs and filming has been delayed several times over various issues. However, Cruise should have handled the situation in a different way. I don't believe in screaming and cursing at people, or humilating someone in front of other people. 

I was kind of surprised when I heard about this incident. I've never read a bad word about his behavior on set before. Everyone always said he is the consummate professional.

I guess everyone has their breaking point. 

Respected Contributor

@FS74 wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

I have read that also. A bit of trivia. For those who watched Buffy, Barbara Bain and Martin Landau's daughter Juliet Landau played Drusilla. 

@FS74   I love Buffy!!!

As much as I loved Spike, I hated Drusilla. The character drove me crazy, a little bit of Dru went a long way. 

Juliet is the image of her mother.

STUMPTOWNBLOGGER: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE GIRL IS 79... BARBARA BAIN

Juliet Landau on Twitter: "Loved sitting down and chatting with  TrunkSpace!! We had an awesome conversation!!! Bosch season 5 is now  streaming as of yesterday! https://t.co/igp65sE6C4 @BoschAmazon  @welliver_titus @Connellybooks… https://t.co/HKDpZ6124T"

Spike and Drusilla | Vampire slayer, Buffy the vampire, Buffy the vampire  slayer

Juliet Landau | SPIKE & DRU | Apollo White Wolf | Flickr

Esteemed Contributor

i never missed an episode of MI on TV. I enjoyed all the characters. I think Martin Landau & Barbara Bain were married to each other during the series. They were later divorced. Peter Graves was a sexier character than Steven Hill but the latter was a superb Manhattan DA on Law and Order. No one else came close.