Trusted Contributor

Anyone Catch Little People Big World Last Night

Last night's first episode of new season jumped right in to Zach and Matt's disagreement over the sale of the farm. I know Matt is a business man and that is how he sees the sale of the farm, whether it be to one of his children or a total stranger. Zach made an offer and apparently, it was too low to suite Matt. So, they have had a falling out over it. I think Zach fails to see all the logistics involved. Property values have skyrocketed over the last couple of years, as you all probably know. And, too, I really don't think Zach has it in him to properly run a farm. I also think he and wife, Tori, made a spur of the moment decision to up and buy a home in Washington state as a way to get back at Matt. Zach was upset that Matt didn't show any emotion over it.I

Then, of course, there is going to be "drama" with Matt and Amy. Who spends time as couples with their ex? Matt has offered Amy and new hubby Chris a trip to visit him and Karen at their other home in Arizona???!!!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Catch Little People Big World Last Night

@Sapphiregal wrote:

Last night's first episode of new season jumped right in to Zach and Matt's disagreement over the sale of the farm. I know Matt is a business man and that is how he sees the sale of the farm, whether it be to one of his children or a total stranger. Zach made an offer and apparently, it was too low to suite Matt. So, they have had a falling out over it. I think Zach fails to see all the logistics involved. Property values have skyrocketed over the last couple of years, as you all probably know. And, too, I really don't think Zach has it in him to properly run a farm. I also think he and wife, Tori, made a spur of the moment decision to up and buy a home in Washington state as a way to get back at Matt. Zach was upset that Matt didn't show any emotion over it.I

Then, of course, there is going to be "drama" with Matt and Amy. Who spends time as couples with their ex? Matt has offered Amy and new hubby Chris a trip to visit him and Karen at their other home in Arizona???!!!

Sounds like Matt is getting ready to start a show about him and Karen in AZ.  Yikes would they be able to drag that out?  who knows

Trusted Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

In this particular case, people who are being paid to act in a scripted tv show.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

I watched. You're right, Zach is clueless about recent property values. 
Tori seems to be the one who wants to break away from the family. I used to think that Tori was really sweet, not anymore. 

And I thought it was cowardly the way Zach had Jackson tell Matt about the move. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it. I think Karen's a troublemaker that needs to mind her own business She claimed her family didn't really have long standing disagreements when her son was arrested for continually harassing her. She's also had problems with her ex-husband who was in jail multiple times.

I'm glad Amy seems happy. Matt can be a total jerk. The day he announced he wanted to sell the farm was on Jackson's birthday. I don't know how things will work out for Zach and Tori. She said something about her mom moving closer but she's no spring chicken lol. Tori will definitely have her hands full as Zach does not do much.Too bad they had to move, they may regret it, but they have a beautiful home and property.

I can't help but wonder if Tori and Zach's relationship with Jeremy and Audrey didn't have something to do with their decision as well. I've read there is tension there and I don't even know if they're on speaking terms at this time. 

That vacation to Arizona is something only TLC could come up with.

Respected Contributor

I am not sure if this falling out is real or scripted. It seemed quite tense.  But anyway, I think Zac is totally lazy ( always has been! Has he ever had a real job)? He is always looking to get whatever he can the easy way- Matt owns the property and can do what he wants- Besides that, he has 4 children, not just the one, so technically they all should get a deal offered to them. Agree that it was wrong to have little Jackson give the huge news- cowardly is the word! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched this show last night also.  I agree with colliemom that Karen should mind her own business.  She has way too many opinions for a golddigger who hasn't yet landed the fish.  She broke up the Roloff mariage and now she is working on getting rid of the kids.  More money for her!  Zach may or may not be unrealistic in thinking that his father should deal with his son differently than he would a passerby, but Matt bought Amy's portion of the farm in 2019 for $647.000. That means that since she was selling her half interest that the property would have been  valued in 2019 at $1,294.00.  Real estate has indeed gone up but not as much as 350%!!  Matt has listed the North farm at FOUR MILLION DOLLARS.  That is almost as greedy as Karen is!  You can talk all you want about business transactions and cold hard facts, but know the facts before you use them as a defense!  If Matt was hit by a tractor tomorrow the whole darn farm would pass to his kids for FREE unless Machiavel...um, Karen has had him at the lawyer's office already.   Karen really wants to ditch the farm and be in Arizona.  Matt should be a father and sell Zach the North for a family discount.  Then sell the rest of the farm (3 times bigger!) to anyone he chooses for whatever he chooses, and give the other three kids their piece of the pie. Then he can tell Karen (appropriate name!)  that  they can get married, take what is left after distributing the monies to the kids and head off to cactus country.  We would see how much in love she is then!

Respected Contributor

It's a tv show for show...that's all.

Respected Contributor

I disagree that Caryn broke up the marriage. Amy was miserable and angry for years in the marriage. It was obvious on the show, that she couldn't stand him. Yes, maybe Caryn helped it to end, but it was going to end one way or another. 

Valued Contributor

If you have seen recent interviews from Amy you would hear that she suspected (at first) then was certain that Matt and Caryn/Karen (whatever) were having an affair. I think I'd be a little cranky myself under those circumstances.  Throughout the years Matt Roloff has been referred to as ultra controlling by not only Amy but ALL OF HIS KIDS at one time or another.  He is a highly successful jerk. At least as edited.  His charms apparently seem to work well on women according to this board, but he don't fool this guy.

I know that Amy's new husband is apparently smitten, but the jury is still out on him, too!