Honored Contributor

Anyone Been Watching Ridley Road?

I watched the beginning of the first episode and wasn't impressed, but now I'm thinking I didn't give it a fair chance. Is it worth watching? Should I visit On Demand?

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Been Watching Ridley Road?

It is fantastic. I am watching it on PBS. 

It is on right after Call the Midwife... 

Call the midwife is magnificent..

Ridley Road is wonderful... just watched episode 2 last night.

Give it a chance

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is an important part of history, even though the story line is fictional.

I was too young in the 60s, and all we cared about was the British Invasion. I never knew that existed in that time period! I especially like how they've incorporated original footage.

Honored Contributor

Sunday night is my favorite time to watch TV.  I have watched Masterpiece Theater since the seventies and always look forward to their series.  Of course Midwives is excellent in so many ways, one of my favorites and I have so many.  I am watching Ridley Road and am enjoying it.  I always give these shows a chance and rarely am disappointed.  The acting and settings alone are worth the watch. I would give this series another look and decide.  I know I will watch it through and while a disturbing storyline, it is history and I love history.  

Esteemed Contributor

We do. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. We had a hard time figuring out what was going on at first. It seems like an unusual masterpiece theater show. My husband wants to finish the series, I could take it or leave it.

Honored Contributor

Thank you  @nooni @Harpa @spiderw @Effie54 . I'll give it a chance. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain  I watched the first outing and simply didn't care for it. It might have been an interesting story and yes, an important one, but I don't care for the production and at the end of the day, if I'm not enjoying it, I'm not going to watch it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I'm recording the series, but have only watched the first episode, which I thought was disturbing. I didn't realize there was a British Nazi movement in the 60's. As a tween, I was focused on the British Invasion, too. I'll watch the second episode, then decide if I want to continue. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing that would keep me from watching the next episode is the girl - I don't care for her. Maybe if they'd change her hair. I know, 'the flip' was popular then so I guess I'll have to put up with it/her if I want to continue watching. It's interesting.

Respected Contributor

I think I read somepalce that there are only 4 episodes to this series.