Esteemed Contributor

Anybody watching this season's "Vikings" show??

Am not sure "why", but this season's storyline seems to be focused on much more gore, killing and torture. A concrete storyline seems to be missing. Some of my favorite charactes are being killed off - so disappointed!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody watching this season's ""Vikings"" show??

I agree. I like this show but I do prefer the previous seasons. Ragnar seems to be detached and not focused as he used to be. I think the acting, though, is still good. I will miss Athelstane though.

Trusted Contributor

The show really does show how difficult life was in those days. After seeing last night's episode it seems like Ragnar is torn between war and more peaceful ways of life. And he was very interested in Athelstyn's Christian God also. He truly cared for him. But I agree that the storyline is not clear...bits and pieces with the soothsayer...then the King of Wessex...then Ragnar's son and also the Floki character. Maybe they have new writers?

Respected Contributor

I think this season is quite good and meeting my expectations. Looking forward to more and to season 4.

I will miss Athelstan....he was a favorite character of mine...but once his storyline took him back to Christ and being reborn as a christian I knew it was a matter of time before he would meet his maker....didn't expect it to be that soon....but it did seem that his story had come full circle...he lost his way and then found his way based on his beleifs....and he would no longer fit into the Viking way of life.

Trusted Contributor

I also agree about the violence ,this was a favorite of mine,the priest was a favorite, I am hoping they will get back to family a little bit more,they had a show on afterwards with the priest telling his story from beginning till he was killed,it showed all the main scenes from the beginning on his part ,they did love each other as a family,i will miss him too.I have to close my eyes sometimes during the violence,especially last year with that eagle ceremony,I told my daughter about that and she couldn't believe it.

Valued Contributor

I know that the writers are attempting to be historically accurate, but I'm getting bogged down with the subplots. The last episode ranged from Paris, to Wessex, Mercia, and Kattagat.

Do you believe that Ragnar fathered a child by the poisoner queen of Mercia? I don't think a child provides the queen any protection from Ragnar. Also, I expect Aslaug is again pregnant. Ragnar is sure to question the paternity of that child.

I agree that the scenes are very violent, but I am guessing killing with those axes would be particularly gruesome. Quite shocked that children and women were annihilated along with the men.

Tucka, I cannot watch the Blood Eagle segment. Just the description of the ceremony scared the daylights out of me.

Honored Contributor

They are probably continuing to show what's happening in England because Ragnar was killed by King Aella so I'd guess they'd eventually end the show with that happening. But that also makes the threats from Wessex against King Aella's person pretty hollow. That's what immediately came to mind when watching the recent episodes.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

On 4/3/2015 jaxs mom said:

They are probably continuing to show what's happening in England because Ragnar was killed by King Aella so I'd guess they'd eventually end the show with that happening. But that also makes the threats from Wessex against King Aella's person pretty hollow. That's what immediately came to mind when watching the recent episodes.

Yes, and Ragnar will, no doubt, punish Wessex for the destruction of the Norse settlement. That would necessitate keeping Wessex in the plot.

One reference I read said that Ragnar was killed in his 60's, so there is still much to come. The show has been renewed for another season.

Trusted Contributor

pateacher, yes I never saw anything like that ,it was gruesome,Is this series based on actual facts? or a book,what a life ,glad I am here ,but I do love the show.Tucka.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the show, but scenes too short jumping around too much and long commercials.