Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody watching this season's ""Vikings"" show??

Yes, I agree the Floki's days are numbered. Also, I think Floki knows that it is just a matter of time until Ragnar takes revenge. I thought that Ragnar's putting Floki in charge of the invasion was only done to humiliate Floki when everyone else already had a plan of attack. If Floki's plan fails, Ragnar may have more support for his idea of cooperating with the Christians and not relying alone on the gods.

Valued Contributor

On 4/7/2015 jaxs mom said:

Maybe we're referring to two different characters? I thought you meant the mystery man that showed up in Kattegat and had an affair with Aslaug.

I think we are referring to the same character. Maybe I am mixed up!

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2015 pateacher said:

Checked the video of "Scarred" on the History Channel.

Harbard says his son, Olav, is the Grand Duke of Kiev.

Not sure how Russia can/will be incorporated into the series.

I think this is a reference to the fact that different tribes saw themselves as the descendent of specific gods. They throw a lot of these types of references into the show.

By the way, if we're talking historically it would seem to be Oleg not Olav as Oleg was actually Scandinavian and did rule Kiev. But his rule would have been after Ragnar was dead if the sources are correct.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Everyone ready for tonight's epi?

Can't wait to see more of the Paris set. Also, I'm interested what Ragnar has in store for Kalf and Erlunder (not sure of the spelling of the names) I'm particularly suspicious of Erlunder, whom Ragnar spared.

http://news.yahoo.com/vikings-paris-numbers-look-shows-most-ambitious-episode-040000770.html;_ylt=Aw...

Respected Contributor

The snacks are ready!

Valued Contributor

Wow! The first 20 minutes have been intense!
Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 pateacher said: Wow! The first 20 minutes have been intense!

Floki has never had "both oars in the water" but, he's losing it big time. I have a feeling that when Ragnar kills him and HE WILL, how violent will it be? Hmmmm....

Esteemed Contributor

Yikes - one whole hour of war??? Could have easily been shown in half the time; thought it was a bit of overkill. Smiley Happy Hated to see Rollo fall to his death and thought that Ragnar's son was dead, but at the end he was alive and talking. I think Flokie's days are numbered, but I am ready to get back to the storyline of the families.

Valued Contributor

Ragnar must not consider the attack on Paris a goof time to take revenge on Floki. I think he wants to give Floki plenty of time to process the murder of Athlestan and to wonder just when Ragnar will settle the score.

King Charles is pretty odd. His daughter seems to have the courage and, maybe, the intelligence he lacks.

Wonder what will happen with Baby Siggy now that her mother has run off. That relationship has always seem a little too convoluted to me.

BTW, did you know that Helga and the wife of the late Yarl Borg are sisters and that their father creates and produces the series???

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 corita said:

Yikes - one whole hour of war??? Could have easily been shown in half the time; thought it was a bit of overkill. Smiley Happy Hated to see Rollo fall to his death and thought that Ragnar's son was dead, but at the end he was alive and talking. I think Flokie's days are numbered, but I am ready to get back to the storyline of the families.

Rollo didn't die.

I believe, according to what history there is, he goes on to become an Earl in his lifetime.