Honored Contributor

Anybody watching Maigret? (Rowan Atkinson)

I believe we have been watching this series on public broadcast television PBS.

Rowan Atkinson is so different in this series vs “Mr Bean!”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody watching Maigret? (Rowan Atkinson)

@LTT1 Speaking of........where can I find Mr. Bean on TV? I checked BBC a couple of times and couldn't find it. I always get a chuckle out of his antics.

Super Contributor

The French series with subtitles?  Yes, I watched it and really enjoyed it.  In the Chicago area it was shown on WYCC tv which used to be a PBC network but now is mhz network and it offers a lot of excellent mystery programing.  

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the Maigret series several years ago on one of my local PBS stations - KWRG - West Texas and New Mexico.  That station shows many foreign TV series from all over the world....MHz Worldview Network is a "global media network which specializes in presenting top-quality international television programming to American audiences."

I have seen many shows from Italy and France, several from Sweden and Norway and even some from Turkey and Russia.  All have subtitles, though I speak several languages, they do come in handy.

I rarely watch any American TV shows at night and even in the morning.  These series are so good....great acting, great stories and love seeing all the countries' landscapes. So beautiful!!

Only issue is that I have been watching for many years and so many are now reruns!!  There have been one or two new shows, but most lately are reruns. And by now I recognize many of the actors having seen some of the same people in different shows.  And I still watch those reruns...so much better than most on American TV.

Honored Contributor

@corita@Carolm

I agree...the series we are watching that are other than American are so very wonderful.

Maigret and many others that are in English, we still have closed captioning on!

It helps!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@corita@Carolm

I agree...the series we are watching that are other than American are so very wonderful.

Maigret and many others that are in English, we still have closed captioning on!

It helps!

----------------

The Maigret series I watched two years ago on my PBS station was in French...with close captioningThat series was fairly old...produced in the late 1990's. Loved it!!