Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody watch House Hunters?

It's the same premise.  Over and over and over and over.  At least now they show house hunters international where people are trying to relocate.  But I am of the opinion this show has run its course.  It's the same thing over, and over and over.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I used to until I discovered how fake it is!  Now I will watch International to see type of housing in other countries. 

Esteemed Contributor

God forbid the house doesn't have stainless steel appliances nor granite countertops.

Honored Contributor

The international ones are my favorites.

I don't mind the attitudes at all, it's the, glad they're no one I know or a relative, feeling. 

Honored Contributor

I like to watch it, but what some of them expect from their meager budget is laughable. Mostly the guys seem to think the seller should give their home away. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

NEVER once have I heard them comment on the most important aspect of a home (to me that is)

The livability, ie. the flow of the home. Think of bringing in groceries? Think of kids playing and mom watchig them while multitasking. Think of the neighborhood and how it fits your life style...

It is scripted and yes...Oh that home didnt have SS appliances, so I cant spend 450K on it, even tho the rest is perfect...people look like morons

Esteemed Contributor

@ProudMa I see them comment about the flow quite a bit - specifically they want an open floor plan to watch the kids, etc.  But, I otherwise agree with you.  If they have kids, what are the schools like? Etc. It kind of annoys me when the couple have kids to not at least bring it up! I guess that's just too "real" - but obviously some communities have better districts than others. You sometimes get more real info in the last minute of the show, once they moved in.

Nevertheless, I have "rediscovered" HGTV over the last few months and do watch it if it's on (regardless if fake or not - after all, a house could get sold in the span of shooting if they don't do it this way).  Like others, I prefer International though, because it's interesting to see what houses are like in other countries.

Honored Contributor

Let's not forget, the house has to have "character".  To me that means old with a lot of repairs in the near future.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

The one I always remember is the episode with 2 men who had to have oblong toilets in the house and would not buy it if the toilets were round.

There also was an episode years ago that had a 4 year old child who obviously was told what to say..every room he entered he said "This looks spacious"...doesn't every 4 year old say that in real life.

Trusted Contributor

Have you noticed how everyone needs "space for entertaining?" Lots of partiers out there.