Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody watch House Hunters?

[ Edited ]

This is one of my favorite shows.  I don't mind that some of it is fake.  All reality shows are.  I like to see the homes, the budgets, the comments, the neighborhoods.  Pretty mindless!  I live in a small apartment!

I find HH International particularly interesting!  We can see how people live in other countries.

I used to watch House Hunters Renovations and like that a lot too.  Hope they bring it back.

Love it or list it is also fun, but, like the original Property Brothers, it bothered me they don't tell you where they are.   I think it was mostly Canada?  I know Property Brothers filmed elsewhere later on.  Not a fan of the new format of Property Brothers.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 - I agree with you that older homes for the most part are beautiful examples of master craftsmanship.  I also love them.  And I also don't like cookie-cutter homes.  You'll never find me living in any housing estates where you can't tell one home from the next.

But the "character" homes I tend to see on these shows aren't those grand, old homes.  It's almost as if they're deliberately choosing homes that have a lot of issues.  With the budget most of these seekers have in mind, that's not surprising.

As others have said, much of these shows is scripted.

Esteemed Contributor

When they say "i love the house but it's at the top of our price range".

Well yeh but it's still within it isn't it? Why not just lower your top range if the number you already gave as your top range is going to prevent you from buying. Stupid.

Respected Contributor

yes i watch house hunters all the time.what i find hard to believe,how fussy some of these women sound.so what if you dont have granite or stainloess steel.and who in theor right minds spend 6,or 7 hundred thou for a home.they have to be lawyers and drs.

Respected Contributor

I'm always amused by the folks looking at houses, like these two:

May be a meme of 2 people and text that says 'HGTV be like... I work part-time at a daycare, and my husband breeds salamanders. Our budget... 1.3 Million.'

Honored Contributor

I like House Hunters and still watch it, but I also like the International version, as well as House in a Hurry, that is somewhat interesting and talk about stress!

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 

BREEDS SALAMANDERS!!!! omg that almost had me sliding off my chair laughing.

Contributor

I can’t relate to the “need” for a double vanity in the bathroom. I’ve been married for 26 years, and NEVER have my husband and I need to use the sink at the same time. Why?…because we are accommodating to each others space, schedule, whatever it takes to share our coexistence, lol….not to mention, we’re fortunate enough to have another bathroom in our home. It’s a wonder how we managed to raise two children in our home with just two bathrooms that have only one sink in each of them. Smiley Wink
I saw a couple complain that their children “can’t share the bathroom vanity”….are they joking?! That house had so much to offer. It just baffles me that a single vanity can be a deal breaker in buying a home. Am I the only one that scratches my head at this?
Honored Contributor

It prevents,arguments when sinks aren't  shared. Women, in general, don't care for whiskers in the sink, men don't want to be surrounded by makeup, hair dryers and no one wants to be met by hair that's been shed. Then there is toothpaste and the proper dispensing. 

I don't care to share my bathroom with anyone. Separate bathrooms save marriages.

Contributor

Separate bathrooms are one thing, but to “need” (as I do often hear) a double vanity, is another.
Actually, I prefer to look of a single vanity vs the double anyhow…lol.