Honored Contributor

Anybody watch Castle last night?

[ Edited ]

There was an interesting thread called "Castle - I'm confused" late last year.  It brought up reasons why Castle and Beckett split (she wanted to leave the show; she wanted to be in movies), but in the first episode they were again together, but still pretending to be apart. 

Spoiler
I read that the storyline will bring them together again "officially" at the end of the season which is when they tell their friends and family.

I thought Nathan Fillion was extra personable and engaging in this episode.  He is a real charmer.

I also like when both the daughter and mother are in the episode.  And I always enjoy the two detectives.  I read a mention that some people are in favor of a spinoff for those two (Esposito and Ryan).  And, Esposito can sing!  What a treat!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anybody watch Castle last night?

@GingerPeach--------It was an excellent episode!!  I really enjoy the whole cast. --ted

Honored Contributor

The show was more entertaining in the beginning.    I have lost interest.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I thought Nathan Fillion  ...He is a real charmer.

Funny you wrote this now, @GingerPeach.  I've watched the film Waitress a couple of times on cable in the past several days, and he is a real charmer.   When I first saw that film at the movies, it was my introduction to Fillion.   I loved him in that role - he was just perfect - and he "melted my heart" in it.  I've liked him ever since.   

For those who have never seen that film, it's a great "chick flick."   Bonus: Andy Griffith is in it and he's terrific.  That film was perfectly cast.   

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the earlier episodes.  I like the characters but don't like something about the way they interact.  I guess I don't find it believable.  Not sure but there is something now that is not as pleasing to me as when the show started.  

Honored Contributor

I watched last night's episode while I was multi-tasking, so I may have missed some things but I was sort of bored by this episode. 

I really think that for the series to continue there has to be a Castle & Beckett pair, because they have such good chemistry together. 

This episode really confused me because of the increased interaction between Castle and Beckett. It made me wonder if Becket was going to renegotiate her contract for another season. 

It's frustrating for me because the episodes seem like they all over the place, and I'm starting to lose interest.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I have been a fan of the show since it began.  I may be in the minority but I "get" all the twists and turns in their story.  I get amused at some of the comments on FB because afterall, this is a MYSTERY series.

Beckett's decision to leave Castle was based on her love and fear that LocSat would go after her beloved Rick.  I think the fandom would just appreciate the same ol same old.  I disagree, and found it an interesting sidebar to their story.  When Castle had enough and confronted Kate, she came clean and now they are on the same page, putting on a front, to eventually bring down the bad guys.  People need to remember that this is just about a 45 minutes show to tell the story.  Sometimes the writers fall short.  Some stories are better than others.  Sometimes the witty banter is there and sometimes its not.

Last night's offering was enjoyable for me. Whether it gets renewed will depend on the leads.  I suspect the series will end with some folks complaining about it but for me, I will enjoy it until Castle writes his last book!