Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody still watching the new Twin Peaks?

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I'm still watching but totally lost!   Just not getting what's going on!  What on earth is going on with cooper??  The original series  was quirky and odd but I understood it ,  I don't get the new twin peaks  .  Will still watch and hope it clicks for me soon..,,,

@Kitty Galore, he's been in the Red Room/Black Lodge for 25 years since Bob, the evil spirit or dugpa as they call it in Twin Peaks, made a doppelganger (Dougie for "dugpa") who got out and left Cooper there.

There are a lot of references to the prequel "Fire Walk With Me."  I'm not crazy about the movie but I know I have to watch it again to get what's going on -- to the extent that David Lynch wants anyone to get what's going on, which is to say, not a lot LOL.

I'm especially curious why the mentions of David Bowie's character from "Fire Walk With Me."  I know a lot of people know believe he taped an appearance before he died, like the Log Lady did, but he's not listed in the cast so I don't see how that's possible but if Lynch pulled it off that would be a wonderful surprise.

I don't understand how Dougie functioned 25 years in the real world possessed by Bob and I'd like to know whether Sonny Jim, who is named for Jim Jones the man who caused all the mass suicides years ago, who is literally half demon, is a normal kid or not.

The rest, the tree brain, the sounds, the white box, the woman with her eyes sewn shut (who I wonder if she was meant to be Josie), Major Brigg's body turning up (he will not be in the show, he died) after all these years, I don't understand so much of it even after reading the forums but I love just letting the weirdness wash over me!!!

On a lighter note I really miss Michael Ontkean as Sheriff Harry Truman.  I wish he could have been coaxed into it!

Respected Contributor

LoriLori, you would be great doing recaps each week! That was very succinct and explains a lot.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby, thanks so much, I love that compliment!

Honored Contributor

Watched episode six last night.  And was amazed at how much Lynch crammed into the hour.  It felt like three hours.

Loving Kyle McLachlan's performance, it's genius.  And Naomi Watts is killing it as the improbably named Janey-E.  I find watching with the captions I catch stuff like that I'd otherwise miss.

It felt like so many different shows in the hour.  The coked-up creep who ran over the kid made my skin crawl.  Except Harry Dean Stanton!  I know he was in "Fire Walk With Me" but can't remember how he comes into it so more reason to sit through that weird film again.

The little person assassin scenes were gross but the rap music theme for that woman is so David Lynch. 

Janey-E cracked me up, that whole comedy of her in the park with the guys.  But I want to know why she can't tell it's her Dougie.  Is the demon as vacant upstairs as our Coop is at the moment?

I still find Hawk sexy after all these years.  What's in those notes?  The only thing I'd change is those two goofy young officers.  They add nothing and the really obnoxious one is, well, really obnoxious.

Diane!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh, and Kyle McLachlan -- eating potato chips.  Hah!   And the crunching of Janey-E's sandwich -- haha!  

And then there's that bit of tenderness between Coop and Sonny Jim, who is so adorable.  Maybe he's not half demon.  Maybe Bob can't possess someone's DNA.  Does a doppelganger even have DNA?  LOL.

But just as we get overcome with the cuteness of one chld and his and Coop's clap-fest with the cowboy lamp comes another child flattened in the road.  The games Lynch plays!

The stoplight!

Esteemed Contributor

I think the last episode was the best yet!  Better pacing and more time in Twin Peaks with familiar characters.  😊

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I'm still watching but totally lost!   Just not getting what's going on!  What on earth is going on with cooper??  The original series  was quirky and odd but I understood it ,  I don't get the new twin peaks  .  Will still watch and hope it clicks for me soon..,,,

@Kitty Galore, he's been in the Red Room/Black Lodge for 25 years since Bob, the evil spirit or dugpa as they call it in Twin Peaks, made a doppelganger (Dougie for "dugpa") who got out and left Cooper there.

There are a lot of references to the prequel "Fire Walk With Me."  I'm not crazy about the movie but I know I have to watch it again to get what's going on -- to the extent that David Lynch wants anyone to get what's going on, which is to say, not a lot LOL.

I'm especially curious why the mentions of David Bowie's character from "Fire Walk With Me."  I know a lot of people know believe he taped an appearance before he died, like the Log Lady did, but he's not listed in the cast so I don't see how that's possible but if Lynch pulled it off that would be a wonderful surprise.

I don't understand how Dougie functioned 25 years in the real world possessed by Bob and I'd like to know whether Sonny Jim, who is named for Jim Jones the man who caused all the mass suicides years ago, who is literally half demon, is a normal kid or not.

The rest, the tree brain, the sounds, the white box, the woman with her eyes sewn shut (who I wonder if she was meant to be Josie), Major Brigg's body turning up (he will not be in the show, he died) after all these years, I don't understand so much of it even after reading the forums but I love just letting the weirdness wash over me!!!

On a lighter note I really miss Michael Ontkean as Sheriff Harry Truman.  I wish he could have been coaxed into it!

@LoriLori thank you for explaining , it helps ,  but still it is very hard to follow.  And yes David lynch probably doesn't wAnt the audience to get it ,  wants us to really think and figure it all out lol.  I very much liked sheriff Harry Truman,  too bad he didn't want to return.  I am going keep on and perhaps it will all make perfect sense at so e point.  I do love tne quirky though lol

Esteemed Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

LoriLori, you would be great doing recaps each week! That was very succinct and explains a lot.

oh I agree ,  Lori you would be excellent at recapping !  You have a nack for explaining and with humor !  On the Days forum as well .

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@birkin baby wrote:

oh I agree ,  Lori you would be excellent at recapping !  You have a nack for explaining and with humor !  On the Days forum as well .

@Kitty Galore, love your post so much I had to quote it LOL.  Because of everything I haven't seen this episode yet but word on the two forums I check is it was the best yet.  And that Dougie the dugpa was very very bad to Diane.

Esteemed Contributor

I felt like I just watched a silent movie!  Instead of a simple warning about mature content, they should've added something about all the flashing lights potentially causing a seizure.  

I understand that we just got some background, but that was difficult to watch.  Already I see comments about how brilliant Lynch is and how that's the best hour of his career. That I don't agree with!  

Guess if I were a fan of Nine Inch Nails, I'd have a different perspective.  Major contrast with the original soundtrack!