Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody still watching the new Twin Peaks?

I just did not get back into it.  I think for me it was getting to wierd.

Honored Contributor

So no one is putting a gun to my head, I'm still watching but I don't care for this show at all. Maybe I'm just not smart enough for this show (I think I am of average intelligence), I feel like I don't get a lot of it. I much prefer Game Of Thrones!

Honored Contributor

Loving it more each week.  Sad there's only six left!

Only episode where Kyle has had a tiny role but how awesome was that when Sonny Joe threw the ball at him and hit his head.

The French woman vs. Albert!  There are so many scenes (last week the woman honking was another) where Lynch is trolling us for wanting things to go faster. 

The show is such a wonderful combination of dramatic, funny and super weird.  

Cherry pie!  (I haven't posted in a while.)  Diane?  Coming through red drapes?!?  Audrey!  Sarah Palmer.   

The voice of Scooby Doo getting his head crushed (btw if anyone doesn't know it there is a real web site that went up after the episode where he told the cops he and Ruth had a web site).

Seeing Catherine Coulson (Log Lady) and Miguel Ferrer (Albert) so sick, dying in short order after filming or maybe during in the case of Log Lady, but they so wanted to be part of it.  So glad they are.

Are they stuffing pillows or whatever in Andy's stomach or is that really his body?  Such a strange shape I don't think I've seen it before.  Lucy!  Grow out of it already!

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up the show will air at 8:00 tomorrow night. Ray Donovan is on at 9:00. I can't wait for this show to finally end!

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So no one is putting a gun to my head, I'm still watching but I don't care for this show at all. Maybe I'm just not smart enough for this show (I think I am of average intelligence), I feel like I don't get a lot of it. I much prefer Game Of Thrones!

@Jordan2 I'm so confused.  You keep commenting on how much you dislike this show, but you keep saying you're still watching it.  Why are you watching it if you dislike it so much?  

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just a heads up the show will air at 8:00 tomorrow night. Ray Donovan is on at 9:00. I can't wait for this show to finally end!

@Jordan2 Again I'm confused.  Is there another show that you're waiting for that is going to go into this time slot on Showtime, or are you just upset that millions of people are enjoying something that you don't?  This thread is stranger than the show itself.  

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies, once I start watching a show good, bad, or ugly, I stick with it to the bitter end! I just find this show very weird and to be honest I don't get everything. It just seems people fawn over this show and David Lynch, I'm just glad Game Of Thrones is back!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the earlier start time tomorrow.  I had forgotten about that.  I think that the show finally made sense during the last episode shown. The Blue Rose, etc.  I am so glad there is now some sense to the whole series!  Still want to know what Diane is up to.  Still want to see "Dougie" get his soul back from the Black Lodge and have the Coopers exchanged properly, so good Cooper can finally have a real life 25 years later.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@TenderMercies, once I start watching a show good, bad, or ugly, I stick with it to the bitter end! I just find this show very weird and to be honest I don't get everything. It just seems people fawn over this show and David Lynch, I'm just glad Game Of Thrones is back!

@Jordan2. Your not alone ,  I really wanted to lime it ,  I loved the original from years ago ,  but I find this comeback so hard to follow and I beileve I can follow a storyline pretty well .   I DVR and do t watch it when it's airing  cause it's just not a favorite of mine.  I like you will watch till the end , I do feel if it goes into another season though I probably wo t keep up with it.  I like weird and  quirky but this is just a little too out there at times!

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore, not sure if I posted this previously or not but:

If you haven't seen Twin Peaks:  Fire Walk with Me you're missing a lot because a fair amount of what goes on comes from that movie.

And now I konw unless you've read "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" by Mark Frost (series writer)  you're also not going to be able to fully follow it.  The book is done in the form of the dossier Gordon gave to Agent Tammy Preston, who makes comments in the margins.  

Unfortunately I've had some problems and I had to put aside "The Secret History" early on because the book weighs a lot (too much for me right now)!  Kindle reviews say that the hand-written stuff is very hard to read.  

And now I see Mark Frost has another book coming out in October, after the series ends, that I guess will wrap it up.  Or hopefully not.  I would love another season, more movies, whatever Lynch wants to do, I will follow him anywhere.