Trusted Contributor

Re: Anybody still watching the new Twin Peaks?

@wildcat fan wrote:

I felt like I just watched a silent movie!  Instead of a simple warning about mature content, they should've added something about all the flashing lights potentially causing a seizure.  

I understand that we just got some background, but that was difficult to watch.  Already I see comments about how brilliant Lynch is and how that's the best hour of his career. That I don't agree with!  

Guess if I were a fan of Nine Inch Nails, I'd have a different perspective.  Major contrast with the original soundtrack!

It was definitely out there.  I think we just got a bit of a backstory about the origin of Bob.  There have been instances in literature that suggest that splitting the atom was sort of an unholy act as it violated the natural pattern of nature.  You see the explosion and the image of Bob in one of the orbs on the movie screen.  We also see the coal miners infected, and even the little girl.  I could be talking complete nonsense, but that's what I took away from it.

Honored Contributor

I'm still watching but I'm not loving it at all. I feel it's very artsy, and we are suppose to fawn over David Lynch about the imagery and meanings of different scenes, left to our own interpretations. I like shows that are more straight forward. I'll stick with it to the bitter end just to see how it all turns out. 

Esteemed Contributor

We'll keep watching too just to see how it all ends, but I hope it gets better.  I got to where I was timing it to see how many minutes were left and how many minutes it had been since someone spoke.  Then we were laughing at the fact that we were still sitting there watching.   Wonder if there is a record for longest period of time in a drama with no dialogue?  I'm still thinking the special effects look cheesy like some college student's project for a class.  Funny how there are recaps and reviews today about how awesome it was.

I'm rather bummed about those ghost miners bringing evil Cooper back to life.  I was hoping we'd finally seen the last of him.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't like this last eposoide whatsoever !  All those bright flashing lights and all .  Reminds me of a show from the 60's  like the Twightlight zone .  I do however now know how Bob came about .  Otherwise it really made no sense to me and was a wasted hour.  I like it when they are back in Twin Peaks ,  the show needs to get back to its roots ,  the original was quirky and fun,  so far this is not IMO 

Honored Contributor

Loved episode 8. Reminds me of Lynch's first film  I think he was still in school when he made it?  Eraserhead. Loved it so much.   This was better. I don't think he wants to be fawned  over, he goofs  on himself via Gordon.  Wow wow.  

There's no episode this week.

Will miss it and want to know how Dougie Jones fits into Cooper/evil Coop. Seems like evil Coop (will he still be evil now?) created Dougie Jones to trick The Black Lodge?  And what of Bob?  Imagine if the actor hadn't died many years ago.  Special effects of Bob amazing 

Origin of the Giant!  Laura Palmer in the golden orb! That amazingly gross bug!  And last week -- sweeping. So much sweeping haha.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm still watching but I'm not loving it at all. I feel it's very artsy, and we are suppose to fawn over David Lynch about the imagery and meanings of different scenes, left to our own interpretations. I like shows that are more straight forward. I'll stick with it to the bitter end just to see how it all turns out. 

I am watching till the end as well and kept thinking through the last 3 episodes how they were going for the artsy feel. Overall, I just think they are going for some type of end story for the whole thing. It would be nice if it made some sense along the way too. 

Respected Contributor

I plan to watch it until the end, too. After watching Episode 8, which was so incredibly strange, I realized it was very hard to explain in words what I just saw.  It was truly-- out there!  Very intriguing and unlike anything else.  I am still rooting for Dougie to get back his mojo, psyche, or soul, or whatever else one could call it.  He is such an innocent.  I was also hoping that Bad Cooper was truly dead after being killed.  Oh well!  I guess he must have some additional purpose.  It will be very interesting to see what develops with Laura.

Esteemed Contributor

Did anybody watch episode 10?

Was that guy who assaulted his grandma and killed the boy and woman supposed to be Audrey Horne's son?!?!

Oh, my!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Wildcat Fan.  "Yes," and "Yes."  He is really something, isn't he?  I enjoyed watching Candy swat that fly, I must confess.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Hi, Wildcat Fan.  "Yes," and "Yes."  He is really something, isn't he?  I enjoyed watching Candy swat that fly, I must confess.

That scene with Candy swatting the flies was funny!  I read an online review complaining about Twin Peaks's depiction of women and it used Candy as an example.  I love the Log Lady, so I'm not exactly upset with how all the women are portrayed. Shout out to Nadine who finally got those curtain rods figured out!  😂 And it's only a matter of time before Lucy exposes that bad cop with the letter.

Ever since I heard about this new season, I've been waiting to see what Audrey Horne's been up to.  I'm sooooooooooooo disappointed to realize this psycho is her son.  Could it be her son with the evil Cooper?  🤔

I really don't have anything against Janey-E, but I hope when Cooper finally materializes he doesn't stay with her.  She married Dougie, not Cooper, and I'd rather Cooper be with Audrey if he's going to settle down.

I'm still not exactly following what's going on with Diane and her cryptic text message about "around the dinner table..."  Guess I'll just have to tune in next week to see if there are any clues.

I noticed that Lynch wrote the song at the end of episode 10.  I'm wondering if I go back and listen to the lyrics if there's a clue or a theme.  Not exactly crazy about the way they end the last few minutes with a song.  That's 6 or 7 minutes they could be using to reveal plot.