Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else waiting for "Top Gun:Maverick"?

I can understand why you would want to see it, as you have personal connections!  If that were the case for me, I would probably want to see it, too.  However, I have no desire to see it and I don't care for Tom Cruise at all.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I'm torn.  I enjoyed the original even though I am not a Tom Cruise fan.  I am curious to see the sequel, but I'm angry that they invited the men back but not the women.  Women are held to different standards and I don't like that.  I would have enjoyed seeing what happened in the relationships that were integral to the first movie.

Esteemed Contributor

I will wait for it to hit streaming.  I was a huge fan of the movie. and I was actually in the Navy when it first came out. I remember seeing it several times with my shipmates.  

I use to be a huge Tom Cruise fan as well, but that feeling has passed. 

I know that Val Kilmer is ill, but lord have mercy does everyone remember the volleyball scene?

Honored Contributor

i watched the original Top Gun movie last night on TV. Had not seen it for probably 30 years since going to a theater in 1986 or so... It really was not very good.. only the music was good.

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

I'm torn.  I enjoyed the original even though I am not a Tom Cruise fan.  I am curious to see the sequel, but I'm angry that they invited the men back but not the women.  Women are held to different standards and I don't like that.  I would have enjoyed seeing what happened in the relationships that were integral to the first movie.

@Glittergal  TC is so into his looks and looking young...he did not  want KM back  I am sure because she does not look even near to herself from the original movie.  Now she most likely would not have come back anyway..... but TC had a lot to say about it I am sure

Valued Contributor

I'm sure you are right about Tom Cruise having a say if she came back.  It's a shame.  I hate Hollywood sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

I'm sure you are right about Tom Cruise having a say if she came back.  It's a shame.  I hate Hollywood sometimes.

@Glittergal  I have to say she really was a beautiful young lady in the original movie and her acting was excellent in it too.

Honored Contributor

No interest in watching aged has-beens. Just makes me long for my youth when the original movie came out and that just makes me feel old b/c I am.