Frequent Contributor

Anybody else laughing their way through Bravos Odd mom out?

I cannot believe how funny this is.The characters are so believable,and spot on with the actors. If you haven't watched  you really should.  I think you might  find it  really  entertaining! Maryanne

Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody else laughing their way through Bravos Odd mom out?

I love the show!  I'm sure you already know this, but the show is inspired by Jill Kargman's "real-life" experiences living in NYC's Upper East Side.  I've seen her interviewed a few times, and I really like her.  She is so funny, and so down-to-earth.  Fun fact: Drew Barrymore is her sister-in-law.  :-) 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

I have also enjoyed this show!!  She is so out of her element and that is what is so funny!  Really laugh at her faces and comments!!

Super Contributor

Love it!  I laughed hysterically when Brook was in labor in her bedroom and asked Jill if she took a dump on her floor! 

I love the fact that this show is "not so loosely" based on Jill Kargman's real life. 

Respected Contributor

I Love this show - it is hysterical!! I lived in NYC and worked on Wall Street and let me tell you, the portrayal of these uptown wives are spot on! I am loving these new shows that are coming on (love the new ones on TV Land also).  It is so great to finally see comedies that are intelligently written, that are actually funny, and do not insult our intelligence.

Honored Contributor

This is one of the funniest shows on TV!  I watch "Watch What Happens Live" (Bravo) and have seen all three of the lead females on his show.  The show is totally unscripted and on their own both are funny.

Abbey Elliott is very, very quick without scripts.  She (and her Dad years earlier) were both members of Saturday Night Live.

I thought I'd laugh myself to death when they did the scenes where she was giving birth.  The Dr and Jill are great too.  This show just works so well.

I'm going to be sorry to see it leave for the summer.

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love this show!!

Honored Contributor

Who's your favorite?  Do you have a favorite?

Honored Contributor

It's also on Hulu Plus if you're a member; I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the recc.  :cattongue: