Esteemed Contributor

I watched the first three episodes in the last few days. I'm not sure I want to continue. It's terribly gory; blood all over the place that looks way too realistic. Plus, the cameras moving around as fast as they do make me a little dizzy. Also, I haven't warmed up to the characters and their relationships with one another quite yet. 

With so many excellent shows (so I hear), I'm wondering if I'm wasting my television-watching time with Code Black. 

What do you think? 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Contributor

Re: Anybody Watch Code Black?

Love this show....been watching since the beginning.  It does take awhile to sort out the characters but I've finally done that and am enjoying their relationships.  LOVE Jesse!

Esteemed Contributor

I watch it and really enjoy it. I was a big fan of ER back in the day as well. I just don't gross out easily.

Respected Contributor

I like it, sunny. Haven't watched every episode, and it's not one I just can't wait for, but I think it is very well done. It is also very realistic, probably the closest representation of trauma in the biggest of cities on "bad" nights. I like so many series that are out now. I think shows like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad have pushed the envelope for television programming to the point that everyone seems to be stepping up their game. Of course all the technology allowing for binge, delayed,  and multiple venue viewing certainly contributes as well.

Occasional Contributor

I binged the episodes and really like it.  I am old enough to liken it to ER, which I loved, for a while..........

Esteemed Contributor

I am an avid watcher of this and Chicago Med, however having a hard time keeping the characters with the correct shows.  They both have similar story lines, too.  But anything medical, I love. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I love Code Black!  I have cried on a couple of episodes too.  The one where the 18 year old son decided to disconnect the life support on his aging/elderly father was so touching.  They had the cast of Lion King sing at his bedside as he was disconnected from the life support.  

I would hope for this type of loving and talented medical staff if I were ever in such a situation.

Honored Contributor

I love this type of show!  I grew up watching Emergency, Adam-12,  St Elsewhere, etc., and have always been interested in emergency medicine.  I never wanted to be a nurse or first responder, but loved working as a hospital switchboard operator, and having dispatch responsibilities.   

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie

That was such a beautiful moment.

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie wrote:

I love Code Black!  I have cried on a couple of episodes too.  The one where the 18 year old son decided to disconnect the life support on his aging/elderly father was so touching.  They had the cast of Lion King sing at his bedside as he was disconnected from the life support.  

I would hope for this type of loving and talented medical staff if I were ever in such a situation.

@jpie that's the episode I just watched. Yes I almost cried at the end. Very sad and dramatic. 

I'm starting to like the characters although I still don't know much, if anything, about them. 

On to the next episode. I think there's only one more left and I'll be up to date. 

Thanks for your input, everyone.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett