Super Contributor

Any suggestions for me for new series to watch on Netflix.

I know someone here will be able to steer me in the right direction. I love British tv series. Watched Doc Martin which I love and can't wait for new season and I also just finished watching Lillyhammer, which I guess isn't really British, but loved it anyways. Now I need a new series to start in on. Due to health issues, I am unable to do my normal activites, so am trying to find good series to watch on Netflix while on bed rest. I pretty much have seen all of the popular American series, so am looking for something else.

I love British humor and mysteries. Have seen Keeping Up Appearances and a lot of the older ones so am looking for some new ones. Any and all suggestions will be so much appreciated.

Thanks so much

VickiSmile

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for me for new series to watch on Netflix.

Have you seen Rosemary and Thyme? Not as good as Doc Martin, IMO, but it's a nice cozy mystery series.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Super Contributor

Thanks for much for the suggestion Vamp. I have not watched this one, but have seen it offered on NF, so I will check it out. Kind of hard to beat Doc Martin, isn't it.

VickiSmile

Honored Contributor

Have you ever watched any of the Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot? He's a detective, Belgium. He's a little strange, but it will keep you guessing.

My late husband and I used to love watching his shows. Also Sherlock Holmes staring Benedict Cumberbatch (these are only a few years old). Both of these shows are put on by BBC I think.

Honored Contributor

""Happy Valley"" should suit you well; it's fantastic!

Super Contributor

Annabelle I have been a fan of Agatha Christie since I was young. Love watching the movies based on her books. Thanks for reminding me.

feline groovy thanks for your suggestion also. I will check it out.

Knew folks here would have some ideas for me. Thank you all so much.

Vicki

Valued Contributor

Give Australia's Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries a try. It's based on novels by Kerry Greenwood. Miss Fisher returns to Melbourne in the late 1920's (with a stunning wardrobe!) after living in Europe for many years. She's a free spirit who looks into a suspicious death shortly after her arrival. Two seasons are available now. A third is in production.

Valued Contributor

Another thought. James Norton, the vicar in Granchester, is in Happy Valley, a BBC crime mini-series. His character is not so charming in this program. It's written by one of the writers from Last Tango in Halifax.

I just read that Last Tango will have seasons 3 and 4.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you watched Monarch of the Glen? If not, give it a try for a few episodes. It may or may not appeal to you, and I would call it strange yet funny. Julian Fellowes plays the role of a neighbor.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/4/2015 2cockers1cat said:

Another thought. James Norton, the vicar in Granchester, is in Happy Valley, a BBC crime mini-series. His character is not so charming in this program. It's written by one of the writers from Last Tango in Halifax.

I just read that Last Tango will have seasons 3 and 4.

Oh,Thanks for reminding me about Happy Valley. I watched one episode then got distracted by other things. I love Last Tango in Halifax, too. Sarah Lancashire is in both of those shows, as well as The Paradise.