Respected Contributor

Re: Any shows you just lost interest in

This thread is timely - just removed Modern Family from my DVR last night (sounds like I'm not alone).

Denise
Super Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Even though I think it's a fantastic show, I've stopped watching This Is Us.  Just too much angst for me!

ITA!

Respected Contributor

I have stopped watching all cable news.

I don't watch any of the shows I have read about here.  I watch very little QVC or HSN anymore.

I watch Investigation Discovery a lot.  Love "The Incredible Doctor Pol" and other veterinarian shows.

Otherwise I just read.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't read all of the replies, but I saw a lot of Modern Family comments. I agree, and gave up on that several years ago, when it became all about Sophia Vergara - a little of her goes a long way. I also don't care about Grey's Anatomy - I will watch it when it is convenient, but no longer record or care. And, I stopped watching Criminal Minds when Shemar Moore and Thomas Gibson left. I just don't like the current team.

Esteemed Contributor

1. Survivor 

2. The Blacklist 

3. New Amsterdam

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have always been a fan of Blue Bloods, but since they decided to make Danny a widower it doesn’t work as well. He has always been intense and hot-headed, but now he has no buffer....his sons are growing up fast and am also wondering if they will be written out of the show if they aren’t becoming cops. I predict at least one will get into the military or express a desire to do so. The other could work overseas or something else to explain their absence besides knocking them off in a helicopter crash. That way they could explain their absence at the dinner table. Erin is a cold fish and needs to show at least a hint of vulnerability or compassion. Nikki has never seemed very authentic to me. Her character is not as well-written imo. The actor who plays Frank’s father is actually younger than Tom Selleck. I like his character but it does seem that father and son are not able to have a conversation without liquor of some kind. Wish they could get out of that monotony and show them interacting alone as father and son in other settings. Am wondering if they will give Danny a love interest in the coming season. They seem to have added more grieving instead of less as this season has progressed. I liked Jamie better when he was still on on the street; the engagement hasn’t really brought much to the storyline yet....I would love to see the Jesse Stone series return but that is doubtful. I can watch Tom Selleck in anything!💕

Respected Contributor

1. Dancing With The Stars

2. This Is Us.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

There haven't been many shows I've followed closely in the first place, but among the few 'network' shows I have, I'm close to writing off The Resident, A Million Little Things and Riverdale. I'd have to think about whether there are others. 

I'm glad to see, per the promos, that 'all your questions will be answered' in the season finale of Million Little Things. While I sort of doubt they will, I can buck up through one more episode and then simply opt out when the new season starts... I'm also on the cusp with New Amsterdam, This week's show was a snore and there's a believabilty factor missing. Surprised but gratified to see so many walking away from This is Us (This is Angst), a show I find ridiculous and walked away from mid-way through the first season. It would appear even some of the formerly faithful have had enough of the tripe that is that series...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Really cant stand the GOLDBERGS. not a funny show at all.please get rid of MANIFEST.

I love  the resident new amsterdam bull and sheldon and the best of all

god befriended me.

Honored Contributor

I've lost interest in a lot of shows over the years.  The ones that come to mind are:

How To Get Away With Murder--only watched that two seasons

Modern Family

Grey's Anatomy

Bull--only watched first season

Hawaii Five-O

Empire

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau