Honored Contributor

Re: Any opinions about NCIS New Orleans?

All three shows are very formulaic, I agree with adelle38. I don't know whether CSI or NCIS started the nerdy computer genius characters, but they all have them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 9/27/2014 Marsha2003 said:

The premiere episode of <em>NCIS:New Orleans</em> was a tad boring, but I liked all of the actors' performances. I like <em>NCIS:LA</em> the best out of the franchise. I would like it better if they'd kill off the Marty Deeks character, but nothing's perfect.

I can't believe you said that because he is the only reason I don't watch the show. He adds absolutely nothing to it, isn't funny, isn't attractive . . . I could go on.

I really like all of the other characters, but dislike him so much that I can't watch the show.

What is wrong with the Deeks character?

I thought it all blended well together...

Respected Contributor

All three shows are very formulaic, I agree with adelle38. I don't know whether CSI or NCIS started the nerdy computer genius characters, but they all have them.

Am I missing something here isn't the world we live in today

Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Javala-la said:

The premiere episode of <em>NCIS:New Orleans</em> was a tad boring, but I liked all of the actors' performances. I like <em>NCIS:LA</em> the best out of the franchise. I would like it better if they'd kill off the Marty Deeks character, but nothing's perfect.

I can't believe you said that because he is the only reason I don't watch the show. He adds absolutely nothing to it, isn't funny, isn't attractive . . . I could go on.

I really like all of the other characters, but dislike him so much that I can't watch the show.

I agree with Ford1224 that the Deeks character isn't funny and personally, I find him to be very unattractive physically. On the other hand, I think the Hetty character makes that show. She's hysterically funny.

Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Javala-la said:

I agree with Ford1224 that the Deeks character isn't funny and personally, I find him to be very unattractive physically. On the other hand, I think the Hetty character makes that show. She's hysterically funny.

Well he is sort of strange looking but so is many other things now days it is all part of the scenery to me everyone brings something to the table

I think one of the things that might be distracting is that he looks unkempt and the life force is dingy, as in the body saw too many tokes ...

same trouble with the washed out drunk...

Valued Contributor

Ahhhh.........I like Deeks. I think he's cute, and I like how his bravery comes out in certain situations.

Respected Contributor

I'm a big fan of Scott Bakula so I really enjoyed the show. I can usually tell by the first episode if a show is going to appeal to me and this one has the potential to be part of my regular weekly viewing schedule.

Regular Contributor

the partner looks like the boy that played forest gump when he was little

Valued Contributor

I am not impressed with NCIS New Orleans! While I was watching my mind kept wandering to other things so I guess it didn't keep my interest! I think it is trying too hard to imitate the original NCIS when it should be finding it's own identity. (The severed leg made me feel like it was the original). That's what I like about NCIS:LA. It really isn't like the original, but has it's own place. I love the cast on both NCIS and NCIS:LA. ! Not sure about New Orleans yet. Guess I'll give it one more try.

Honored Contributor

I'm underwhelmed ... but may give it one more chance to see if it finds its legs.