Super Contributor

Re: Any opinions about NCIS New Orleans?

I kinda liked it! I will continue to watch! My least fave is LA.
Honored Contributor

I found it very ho-hum. I can't abide Agent Brody, I am sick of grown women acting like teenage girls on TV. I will watch 1 more episode. I'm another who doesn't think Bakula is "all that." To me, he's just OK.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched it yet. I've traveled quite a bit and I have always said two of my favorite places are Stratford Upon Avon and New Orleans are my two favorite places.

I've only been to Stratford once but I've been to New Orleans many times (it's only a few hours from a development I own). Every time I went there we'd go to New Orleans.

It's such a wonderful place. I have so many good memories. I haven't been back since my husband died. It might not be the same for me.

I intend to watch the show to see what I remember about it.

Respected Contributor

My DH and I just watched the pilot which I had taped. After 15 minutes we looked at each other and said, what the heck are they saying?? We could not understand their english, I hate jazz, but even with the english subtitles on the bottom I hated and could not understand half of what they said with those accents. Needless to say, we deleted the rest of the show and will not watch it. Will stick to Blacklist and so many other great shows.

Respected Contributor

Tried to sit through the first two episodes, couldn't do it! I love Bakula, but a half an hr, in and I was done, don't care who was the killer, etc.

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

My DH and I just watched the pilot which I had taped. After 15 minutes we looked at each other and said, what the heck are they saying?? We could not understand their english, I hate jazz, but even with the english subtitles on the bottom I hated and could not understand half of what they said with those accents. Needless to say, we deleted the rest of the show and will not watch it. Will stick to Blacklist and so many other great shows.

loveour4leggedfriends, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! for having the courage to say what I'd been thinking all along. I learned the hard way long ago that it was heresy to say even one negative thing about NOLA, so I just let it go.

For the record, I detest jazz, I'm allergic to seafood, I needed an interpreter to translate what they were saying and nothing was more disgusting than the sight and smell of drunks weaving through the streets before noon during Mardi Gras. My ex-fiance dragged me there (his hometown) once - once was more than enough - and I vowed I'd never return. I didn't and I dumped him. Two very smart moves. NOLA holds zero appeal for me. Laissez les bons temps rouler - sans moi.

I like Scott Bakula, therefore I forced myself to try to watch the NCIS two-parter several months ago that launched this spinoff. I made it through less than ten minutes.

I wonder how long it'll be before Bakula's old Quantum Leap pal, Dean Stockwell shows up as a guest star?

Valued Contributor

On 9/28/2014 daisy4 said:

I am not impressed with NCIS New Orleans! While I was watching my mind kept wandering to other things so I guess it didn't keep my interest! I think it is trying too hard to imitate the original NCIS when it should be finding it's own identity. (The severed leg made me feel like it was the original). That's what I like about NCIS:LA. It really isn't like the original, but has it's own place. I love the cast on both NCIS and NCIS:LA. ! Not sure about New Orleans yet. Guess I'll give it one more try.

Gave it one more try. Sorry not for me!! Fake accents, jazz, drunks in the street - no thanks. I'll stick to the other two shows.

Honored Contributor

Watched episode #2. I'm done. No big deal, nothing special.

Respected Contributor

Keri: As the saying goes, "great minds think alike"

I thought I would get a lot of angry feedback on my comments on not understanding what the heck they were saying (oh yeah, as you pointed out - all the drunks and low-lifes before noon - very appealing, not!) but I bet many people feel this way.

I remember when I started watching Scandal (Love!!!). The first year they spoke so fast, even with the subtitles I could barely catch up but at least I understood them and they spoke English very clearly. I find that they have indeed slowed down the dialogue a little and it is much better.

Honored Contributor

Now I have to admit that I really like it. DH asked me if Dean Stockwell will appear, but I have no idea if he is even acting any more.