Respected Contributor

Any one watch The Lost Daughter ?

On Netflix ? Olivia Coleman starred . I have to say i didn't think i would stick with it , but i couldn't stop. I had never seen her in anything before. It must be a testament to her acting , because her character wasn't that likable. Any thoughts ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any one watch The Lost Daughter ?

@MW in Iowa I just about this on Wiki and I find the plot  too disturbing for me in particular but I'm sure others might find it interesting!

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@MW in Iowa I just about this on Wiki and I find the plot  too disturbing for me in particular but I'm sure others might find it interesting!

I am very sensitive to some movies , but this one didn't bother me at all , sidenote , i didn't know that was Dakota Johnson in this movie , i didn't read the cast until i was done. Ed Harris is also in  it.

Respected Contributor

I watched most of it this afternoon. I admit that I found it a little too disturbing. I turned it off before the end but read a discussion of the ending.  Elizabeth Coleman did a fantastic job. 

Valued Contributor

I watched it yesterday and she is truly a great actress.  I thought a dark topic but there were scenes I could honestly relate to.  She has been in mostly British productions.  The Crown, Broadchurch and Night Manager.  I enjoy whatever she stars in.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it was interesting and the acting was superb, but it just was not a great movie, in my opinion. The subject matter was interesting but I think the script needed more work.

Honored Contributor

It is on my watchlist, I watched Cobra Kai season 4 on Saturday and today. 

Regular Contributor

Much as I wanted to love this movie - due to the critical acclaim it received - I didn't enoy it.  The performances were good but it was slow and I don't like movies with ambiguous endings!  On the other hand, "Don't Look Up" did not do well with the critics - - but I thought it was brilliant.  It's all subjective, isn't it?

Esteemed Contributor

@winediva @Goldengate8361   I agree. I didnot enjoy the movie at all and I enjoy Olivia Colman as an actress but not in this one.   I found it very slow and strange

Honored Contributor

I read the IMBD synopsis...and the story line sounds pretty GRIM to me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥