Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any of you remember Twin Peaks

[ Edited ]

We loved that show...remember the line "my log saw something."  I remember that lady who always carried a small log around with her,do you?  I bought the music,too. Very haunting.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

We watched this faithfully.  It was a little on the weird side (think it was supposed to be) and sometimes hard to keep up.  I liked the theme song too.

Honored Contributor

Showtime has now made the original available On Demand.  I binge-watched some of it this weekend and loved it.  The music and cinematography are so beautiful, the acting is great, the show holds up very well.  

They've added a few seconds of footage before the opening credits that is David Lynch in the present, just sitting there eating a donut LOL.

Respected Contributor

I have such anticipation for this show's return !  It was so far ahead of it's time and hopefully it will not disappoint in the new season. I'm rewatching it now to get back into the vibe of the show.  Once,when it was on originally, I was rushing home to see it. We didn't have a "VCR". I was speeding a little and I got pulled over by a cop. I just told him I was rushing home to watch Twin Peaks and was pushing the speed limit. He told me he appreciated my honesty and let me go with a "slow down!". I still missed the beginner of the episode but at least I didn't get a ticket. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much everyone for the heads-up on the return of Twin Peaks!...This show was fantastic and definitely "ahead of its time" as was mentioned by @birkin baby...I am really looking forward to its return!...Here is another link...

Twin Peaks returns: Everything you need to know about season 3 ... http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/twin-peaks/feature/a601713/twin-peaks-returns-the-cast-the-plot-the-cha...Updated: Twin Peaks season 3 cast, trailer, release date and everything else you .... The exact date is still up in the air - but it was later clarified to be "the second ...

@LoriLori...Thanks for alerting us to the fact that Showtime has the original series available "On Demand"...It will be great to rewatch the original series again while we await the debut of its revival!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Oh yes I remember. I lived about 1/2 hour away from the restaurant with the cherry pie. Tried to watch it but it was too weird for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

Oh yes I remember. I lived about 1/2 hour away from the restaurant with the cherry pie. Tried to watch it but it was too weird for me.

Wow, @wagirl, it's so beautiful where you live! 

I just watched Dale Cooper eat huckleberry pie and say, "This is where pies go when they die."  Heart

Honored Contributor

And we have a date:  May 21st debut of eighteen new episodes on Showtime!  Lynch shot it as one long thing and then cut it up into episodes.  Love him so much.

And that teasy little bit of a certain person eating a donut that starts off some of the old episodes on Showtime on Demand:  not David Lynch but rather Agent Gordon Coles!  Yay!!!  Or should I say YAY, CAN YOU HEAR ME?  YAY!

The cast is huge (see Wikipedia page).  A lot of returnees.  Unfortunately Michael Ontkean who I love in Twin Peaks has retired from acting.  A lot of new talent added.

Leland will be back.  How?  I don't care, I'm just glad!

Trusted Contributor

I noticed that Showtime is going to show episodes 1-8 from Season 1 on Saturday, January 14th, beginning at 11:00 am. I will be recording it!
Honored Contributor

@dawg lover, they're also all available On Demand.  I'm enjoying them so much, I've slowed down my viewing so I don't run out of episodes soon.