Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any guesses as to Time's Person of the year?

@Carmie wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

My vote goes to Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president.

That's a good guess.

@Carmie @ValuSkr  Why?

Keepin' it real.
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Some people have no empathy. 

That's scary.

Honored Contributor

The "Me Too" Movement.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

This is exactly why they use a child. So if you criticize her you are the bad one. If you can't use an adult with credentials then you have no case.

@Nancy Drew 

Who are 'they'?  I'm TIRED of hearing about 'them', do 'they' have names?

Greta was sitting ALONE, with a CLIMATE CHANGE POSTER, Protesting by herself, in front of her school for a LONG time.

BTW she does have a high-functioning type of ASD, so NO, she may not speak exactly as you do.  

I'm guessing you know that some of the most highly credentialed, ADULT,  scientists in the world have spoken about concern for Climate Change.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

The "Me Too" Movement.

@kaydee50 

That was Times Person of the year 2017. The "Silence breakers" who ignited the MeToo movement.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Greta Thunberg might get Person of the Year, but would she accept the honor? She was suppose to receive the Nordic Environmental Award, but she refused it, saying that "the climate doesn't need awards." Suppose Time magazine honored her, but she refused to accept that one, also. Where would that leave them? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  Time's Person of the Year (in my world): The Average American who goes to work everyday and does the best he or she can do; who doesn't believe the climate changers' extreme ideas, but believes in taking care of the earth.; who can't figure out how to be the woke person they are supposed to be today and will be expected to be tomorrow; who has been told their lifelong faith is offensive but manages to keep the faith; and, finally,  is condemned for being patriotic but still reveres the Constitution; and this person is still plugging along without melting down. This is the Person of the Year.