Respected Contributor

Any Seal Team fans watch last night's episode?

Let me begin by saying I just love this show but last night's episode was so intense that it made it difficult for me to watch.   I actually covered my eyes during many of the scenes.  

It wasn't until I went to my Seal Team Facebook page that I saw that the guy who they imprisoned with Ray had been murdered.  I must have had my eyes covered during that scene.   

I know war is brutal but I felt that maybe last night's drama was a little more than we needed to see.

I think this was the first time that I ever looked forward to seeing an episode end.

It was a comfort to watch SWAT.   A police drama should be riveting and it was but without all of the barbarity of this particular Seal Team episode

I will watch in two weeks to see if they are able to rescue Ray.  I still love the show and in particular, David Boreanaz, but I hope they tone down the vibe in future episodes.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Seal Team fans watch last night's episode?

I feel ya, girl!  That was intense and I squirmed throughout but I watched it.  They can't kill off Ray. He is the soul of the team. But I guess they can.  I will be watching in two weeks too. Several retired Seals are on the production team so I guess it's pretty accurate.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl Due to a storm related power outage my DVR didn't record SEAL. I don't watch S.W.A.T. How can I find out what happened? I know spoilers are a no-no but was Ray found OK?

I watch every second of it even when it does get pretty intense. I'll check out the SEAL FB page.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@J Town Girl Due to a storm related power outage my DVR didn't record SEAL. I don't watch S.W.A.T. How can I find out what happened? I know spoilers are a no-no but was Ray found OK?

I watch every second of it even when it does get pretty intense. I'll check out the SEAL FB page.

I'm sure by now you've checked Facebook and have seen that Ray has still not been found.  The previews from the next episode which will air in two weeks show him making a video where he expects that he will be killed and is telling everyone good-bye.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl You're right, I did. And Yahoo had a very long recap of the episode. FB posters are griping, and I did too, about these 3 episode storylines that drag out, and especially this one, which is taking ***6*** weeks to complete.

They could have done it in 2 2-hour episodes as someone on FB said and I agree.

Valued Contributor

This is a great show ! It was intense last night . They were  trying to drain Ray, emotionally ; because they can’t break him down physically. They drained me emotionally,too ! It was actually well done . Certainly not the Hallmark channel! Lol !

Respected Contributor

I guess too often we forget the realities of war, and think our television programs should be sanitized like Hogan's Heroes, etc.

I watch this program and I am impressed with the honesty of the true brutality of war---broken marriages, psychological problems, anxiety and stress, worried children left behind, constant training, traveling to enemy countries, and of course, dangerous conditions of fighting, getting wounded and potentially dying.

I commend the writers for sharing true experiences.

Both my departed father and father-in-law served in WWII, and both stated, "War is H..."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chessa35 I love SEAL Team and avoid  the Hallmark Channel like the plague!

One of my favorite lines is from a recent episode. I don't recall who said it but one of the team went face to face with Sonny and told him he was "200 pounds of Southern fried dead weight."  Classic.

Sonny is too quick to point out the errors and flaws of others. He needs to take a good hard look at himself. Hopefully Davis will never rekindle that romance.

Respected Contributor

I know they gave the impression that the other hostage had been killed, but do we really know? The moment they placed him in the room with Ray I felt he was a plant to try and extract information about Ray. He immediately started asking Ray questions. Ray knew to be guarded in his comments.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @FancyPhillyshopper 

I watch Seal Team for its realism.

Those who don't like it, don't watch, the rest of us don't want the show to change.

I've watched all the "war" movies, 13 Hours, Zero Dark Thirty, Lone Survivor & others.

I never want to forget the sacrifice of the men & women make to keep us safe.

If I have to close my eyes for a moment, I do

I also close my eyes during medical shows, but I would never suggest the realism of disease & treatment be glossed over.

heck, I close my eyes during sex scenes!