Respected Contributor

Any SafariLIVE watchers? A Question

What happened to Lauren Arthur? She hasn't been there for a while.

Valued Contributor

Re: Any SafariLIVE watchers? A Question

I have been a SafariLive viewer for many years. Lauren is just on a regular break.

Honored Contributor

Love SafariLive!

Honored Contributor

me too since very begining!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

I have been a SafariLive viewer for many years. Lauren is just on a regular break.

@Xivambala 
That's good to know. I just started watching last year and in that short time there have been major upheavals in personnel. So many have either left or been let go. 

I missed that Lauren was on scheduled leave. In a recent chat stream someone was also asking where she was, but I did not see an answer.  The last time I saw Lauren she had an injured arm, but was still doing game drives.

I miss the Mara too. I thought they would air from the Mara again once the Chinese Global Television Network series was over.

Esteemed Contributor

Is it on again?  I haven't seen any ads for it.  We watched it all the time but haven't seen promos lately.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

SafariLIVE is currently airing sunrise and sunset game drives from Djuma in the Sabi Sand, South Africa.  They have not resumed broadcasts from the Maasai Mara in Kenya.

Trusted Contributor

I have never heard of this show but it sounds like MY type of show.  Is it on tv or you tube or cable??? How can I find it???

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

Lauren Arther is back on drive today 10/15. Years ago the guides were on leave for shorter amounts of time. Now it seems they go for 3-4 weeks at a time. The guides have always come and gone for various reasons...most for personal reasons I'm sure. The loss of the National Geographic sponshorship has been devastating, causing loss of personnel and the Mara. Even though there are political reasons affecting broadcasting from the Maasai Mara, I think the loss of the financial backing and small staff means no return there in the foreseeable future. We still are incredibly privileged to have the twice daily live broadcasts from South Africa.