Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Rob Lowe Fans Here? His Series 9-1-1 Lone Star Premieres Sunday...

I like Rob Lowe, but I turned the first show off after 30 minutes.

Not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy wrote:

This show is so ridiculously woke it could be a parody. Would you really want Lowe's crew of misfits (lots of demerits, can't pass the written test, just overdosed on opioids) putting out your house fire? The dialog is awful. I don't think it will last long.

Actually, as long as they do put out the fire, save a life, I don't care what their background is.

Sometimes "misfits" do the best job, because they work harder to prove themselves to be just as good.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

This show is so ridiculously woke it could be a parody. Would you really want Lowe's crew of misfits (lots of demerits, can't pass the written test, just overdosed on opioids) putting out your house fire? The dialog is awful. I don't think it will last long.

Actually, as long as they do put out the fire, save a life, I don't care what their background is.

Sometimes "misfits" do the best job, because they work harder to prove themselves to be just as good.

Kind of like The Dirty Dozen or The Magnificent 7...LOL!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not that familiar with her, but I find Liv Tyler's voice kind of irritating!   Her flat, whispery, little girl mumbling is annoying!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

I couldn't say, I didn't watch it, but do remember the original 911 was really bad, in my opinion, when it first aired. It didin't interest me anyway, so I stopped watching, but it sounds like it might have improved, at least for some. That said, I'm more or less with you. It just sounds like they wanted to throw together every conceivable 'demographic' and create another '1st responder' show, since they seem to be popular fare these days among many average viewers. Personally, like pretty much everything the networks do, I think they've become overdone and are flooding the airwaves with look alike programming... And then they wonder why viewrship is down and cable dominates all the award shows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with @froggy. The obligatory minority characters, there only to advance an aggrieved storyline, are preposterous.

And that racist character who appeared on part 2 of the premiere? She was so over-the-top, I thought I'd stumbled on "What Would You Do?" while channel surfing, and expected John Quiñones and his crew to jump out from behind a shrub. C'mon.

Sadly, as much as I like Rob Lowe, even he may not be able to rise above this drivel.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I watched it On Demand last night for the first time.  I agree it is soapy and unreal but I'll give it time to pull itself together and develop or fall.  I hate to give up too soon.  There must be better writing coming.