Honored Contributor

Re: Any Rob Lowe Fans Here? His Series 9-1-1 Lone Star Premieres Sunday...

Not a fan, I always thought he was so overrated as an actor.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I watched it and like it. Didn't realize it was Part 1. Prodigal Son is back tonite. I don't know if I'll watch both or if only one which one. 

I was wondering if Prodigal Son was new.  My TV Guide just say No Info.  Anybody know when regular 9-1-1 will be back?  At it's regular day and time?

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

I've always been a Rob Lowe fan. Such a handsome guy.  

Anyone remember "About last Night" with Demi Moore?  My favorite!

One of my faves too, loved Dan and Debbie. also starred Eliz Perkins and Jim Belushi. 1986, it was based on the play called S exual Perversity in Chicago written by David Mamet. . Remade in 2014 with same title and an all African Amer cast. 

@Shelbelle@Moonlady   After reading this thread I watched "About last Night" again. lol. You can watch it on Amazon Prime.  Belushi and Perkins were wonderful  in it as well.  Demi looked so beautiful at the train station after Christmas party wearing her pure white shawl wrapped around her head standing with Danny silently at the tracks. The background music and their facial expressions said it all.

I also enjoyed the other movies of that genre like

"St. Elmo's Fire",  "Pretty in Pink", "The Breakfast Club, etc. 

Valued Contributor

I was home from work sick last week and was watching tv and caught him on The Talk.  He was promoting the show and it looked really good.  All The Talk ladies were enamored with him and who wouldn't be  Heart.  I was able to catch most of last night's 1st episode and I really enjoyed it.  I tuned in tonight and I'm hooked! The first 911 scene with the people in the office, OMG!  

Esteemed Contributor

I am in the minority here.  I watched both nights and didn't care for it.  I'm not sure why.

I like the original 9-1-1, however,  Lone Star is a no go for me.

Honored Contributor

Almost finished watching both episodes this morning and loving it!  Smiley Happy

Loved the bit with the racist old lady.  Who is that actor?  She seems familiar and I was drawn to her (the actor, NOT the icky character - she's good).

There is a lot going on but, even with my disappearing brain, I felt like I was catching everything, so I like the way they have put it together so far.  But then, it's a Falchuk/Murphy piece and they always seem to kill it.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt. That was Patrika Darbo, a prolific soap opera and character actress.

She also had a funny, memorable role as Marge Dolman, Dan's "dream lover" lol on Roseanne. Here she is in that role. For some reason,🤔 I had trouble posting earlier:

Screenshot_2020-01-21-12-29-43.png

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@chickenbutt. That was Patrika Darbo, a prolific soap opera and character actress.

She also had a funny, memorable role as Marge Dolman, Dan's "dream lover" lol on Roseanne.

Oh, thank you!  I knew that I knew who it was.  I just couldn't remember.  Smiley Happy

We've probably seen her in so many things.  I wish I wasn't losing my memory.  Now days it's like 'uh, I know that person for something but all I remember is that I like/dislike him/her.  Smiley Very Happy   Gettin' old sukks.  

Honored Contributor

Part 2 of the premiere was so funny...it's more like a comedy show than a drama but that's okay I like it. But I could do without the kissy face men. That part is just unnecessary.

Respected Contributor

i can't believe no one has mentoned "the grinder" with rob lowe.  It was HILARIOUS!   

we haven't gotten the second part yet on hulu, waiting for that.  i liked the show enough to watch another episode or so. 

anyone else think that he was really, really tanned?  almost as much as george hamilton.