Respected Contributor

Re: Any Psych fans out there?

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  -  You were smart, we stuck it out and watched the whole show and were pretty disappointed.  The beginning was so choppy and I kept thinking it will pick up, but it didn't.  I know they had to rewrite some, and maybe a lot of it, due to Timothy Omundson (Lassiter) having a stroke in April or May before they began shooting the movie.   He was only in one scene, via telephone chat, and you could tell something had happened to him, but he did well with his lines.

I don't know what it was, but it all over the place and wasn't very well done, which was sad because we loved the show. 

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 Oh my, I didn't know Omundson had had a stroke!   

I can't believe my newspaper gave this film a good review.   Thanks for confirming my initial impression and now I'm really glad I didn't waste my time watching it.  Smiley Happy  What a disappointment!

Honored Contributor

I loved the series Psych and was oddly disappointed in the Psych movie the other night.  I left an event early so I could get home to watch it "live."

However, I did go back to watch it again (On Demand) and found I enjoyed it more the second time around.  Just a tip in case you want to try it.

Steve Franks has ideas for six more to come, if they get picked up, and definitely plans to use Omundson as soon as he recovers.  He said they'll even use the exact portions of the script they had to rewrite due to his inability to take part in this one due to his stroke.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Darn, I missed it. Will check On Demand.
Esteemed Contributor

I watched this morning and laughed out loud several times.  Loved it!  Loved seeing everyone back - even though I thought it had one of the best show finales and was very very happy with how it ended (really, wasn't that last scene with Lassiter breaking Shawn's confessional CD the best thing ever??)

I admit I only remembered the main characters and not really any of the special walk on guests.  I happily look forward to more more more movies (although I did NOT like how this one ended, which I assume leads into the next movie) and hope that we get more references to another San Fran detective like we did in the show finale.