Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon movie recs

I enjoy British movies. This past weekend I watched "Ladies in Lavender." When I saw it starred Judy Dench and Maggie Smith, I knew I had to take a look. It was a sweet, poignant film, slow-moving in parts but so well-acted that I recommend it. I also saw a three-part mystery, a remake of Agatha Christie's "ABC Murders." It was also slow-moving at times but I stayed with it and was glad I did since the ending was surprising. John Malcovich played Poirot. He was quite different as the Belgian detective but he's such a good actor that it was OK. Both films were on Prime.

Valued Contributor

Re: Any Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon movie recs?

Amazon Prime "The Terminal List" starring Chris Pratt. Eye opening!!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stay Close on Netflix

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 I just watched Marry Me on Amazon Prime starring Jennifer Lopez and Owen Wilson. I didn't expect much from it but was pleasantly surprised I really liked it sweet story and good music. I also watched Respect on Amazon Prime starring Jennifer Hudson while I didn't like it much maybe you will. Next up for me is the James Bond movie No Time To Die on Amazon. I know you said movies but I just watched The Terminal  List starring Chris Pratt on Amazon, 8 episodes lots of action, it was good. 

We didn't like No Time to Die AT ALL. Very noisy. All action and you really couldn't tell what was even happening. And so LONG-couldn't wait till it was over. DH felt the same.