Honored Contributor

Any Gold Rush addicts on here?

We have watched this show since Day One. The start date for this season is Oct. 17, if I read the correct online source. But I also read Fred and Dustin and Melody won't be on. Anyone know why? And the Hoffmans will be? Who is bankrolling that failure of a mining outfit?

Regular Contributor

Re: Any Gold Rush addicts on here?

Husband and and I also watched from the beginning. The mention of the Hoffmans makes me ill.I gave up on them many months ago Don't even mention Fred .He was one man who needed to be taken down a peg or two....Will not watch anymore...I liked Parker and his grandad.....

Honored Contributor

The Hoffman operation has been an absolute joke the whole time. Todd Hoffman is insane. Last year's "These diamonds are going to make us rich," debacle was hilarious. Anyone who's ever bought, looked at, or heard of diamonds should have known that those tiny little diamonds were nearly valueless. It's just amazing that anyone would invest in any operation with Todd Hoffman in charge.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

This show is in 60 countries and hardly any QVC board people watch? I'm surprised. Yes, I laughed at the diamonds, too. Those guys were delusional.

Honored Contributor

We used to watch it.

Contributor

We've watched since Day 1 as well.

OMG - who doesn't love Grandpa Schnabel Smiley Happy I googled him - he is worth about $5million and you would never know it....we absolutely LOVE watching him and his attitude. Just a wonderful human being.

I had read where Fred was not asking Melody back so she went to work for Tony, but as a real job. She will not be on camera.

Fred and his creepy son tried to negotiate for more money and were not asked back for this season Smiley Happy Supposedly they are filming their OWN show - lol! Yeah, that'll happen. Who cares? Just a mean-spirited old man with a loser son.

I feel sorry for Todd Hoffman's kids having to go to school and dealing with all the fallout from the shows, especially last year. Can you just imagine? And, all the praying and hat clicking really didn't save his sorry butt last year - what an idiot. I'll bet those people down there are still laughing!

I just googled Tony and he has bought a million dollar dredge - I am thinking like Bering Sea Gold dredge and hopes to get it in shape and make money that way as well.

Parker and his brother will be working Grandpa's mine and who knows about Todd. Just the idea of seeing him with that thing on his chin and that fat belly is grossing me out. He is lazy and with the mentality of a gnat IMO. I saw a reunion show a couple of months back and his dad more or less said he had that 'accident' with the loader on purpose because he was sick to death of everything down there.

I sure hope Grandpa has another good year and the boys find a lot of gold for him..we love his laugh!

Honored Contributor

I have to tell you I don't watch that show but I did watch a show about individuals who's job consists of them going out every day and digging for gold, gemstones, etc.

I found it fascinating. It gave me a new appreciation for people who do this. I believe this show was on the National Geographic channel.

I can understand why this show is interesting. I wish I had more time (TV time) I'd watch it.