Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

He has a documentary called 'The Road I'm On' coming up on A&E channel 11/24 & 11/25 at 9PM EST.

I love the trailers I've seen! Loves me some Garth!

Thank you for the reminder! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Re: Any Garth Brooks Fans?

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

Garth..said a few years ago..  quote:.that he has made more money than he can ever spend !  or his daughters could !  or his grandkids,and furure generation !...

Just stating what he said in a interview...  

you think i'm ignorant?..   i would never say that to anyone....ever!

@cowboy sam  - I think in the interest of fairness, that needs to be put in context.

It was a comment made during an interview in 1993 (26 years ago), when Garth was making the decision to retire until his children were grown, so that he could spend time with them.

He was being questioned about that decision and about "going to work" and supporting his family.

He didn't need any more money (and that's just a plain fact).  He did feel he needed to be there for his girls.  I don't see that as bragging or creating a drama; just making the right life choice for himself and his family.

@KingstonsMom- I hate things being taken out of context and I will really look forward to the documentary (not sure how it's increasing Garth's wealth but, if he's paid for his time, good for him).  I think he's a decent human being, not someone given to creating dramas.

(ETA:  But I do agree that karma will come back to bite those who deserve it in the ......)

Honored Contributor

GarthHeartHeart won last award for Entertainer of the year!!!  Heart

Did i mentioned i was at the Grand Old Oprey when he made his very first apperance  and have been a fan ever since???

HeartHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I read that too but now I am seeing it on Dec 2 and 3 on 

A&E at 9 - pm.   Wondering now which it is? I want to set the DVR !

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

I've always liked Garth. The way he's kept concert prices low so everyone can go to a show is amazing! Especially since majority of other singers charge crazy amounts for their tickets. I keep seeing commercials promoting his new set of music. Again it's a repeat of old stuff just in a new format with a few new tidbits added into the set. He's done multiple versions of this type of repackaging of his greatest hits stuff. I know most people really love his old songs that made him famous and his most recent music doesn't get much play on radio. I just find it lame that he and his studio execs just keep repackaging the old stuff in new ways to make more money. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs , @Venezia , @cowboy sam,  @dmod nj ,@hayseed00 @golding76 

After an extensive google search, apparently they changed to air dates to 12/2 & 12/3, although a few sites still showed the Nov. dates.

Trailers are available on you tube, etc. too.

A&E recently announced that they have moved the airdate for the special from November to Dec. 2 and Dec. 3 to fit it into their upcoming Garth Week, which will celebrate the Oklahoma native for seven days straight. The week will kick off with a special airing of Brooks' Yankee Stadium concert date, which premieres on Nov. 28 at 9PM ET/PT. Garth Brooks: The Road I'm On will also air at 9PM ET/PT on both Dec. 2 and Dec. 3.

Brooks is currently conducting two tours at once. His ongoing Stadium Tour features him performing in some of the largest venues in the world, while his Dive Bar Tour in support of his new Blake Shelton collaboration, "Dive Bar," finds him performing in the kinds of intimate venues where he began his career.

https://tasteofcountry.com/garth-brooks-documentary-the-road-im-on-trailer/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

"The Dance" pierces my heart in a way no other song can.  Love it and the pain it brings on (LOL).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpwdwbO1uvM

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

thank you very much.... for letting us all know.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 

While I love many of Garth's songs, 'The Dance' is my absolute favorite.!!!

I'll bet many of us have felt the same way at different points in our lives..

"I could've missed the pain, but would've had to miss the dance."

"The Dance"

Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance

Yes my life is better left to chance
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  thanks for the updated info! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.