Honored Contributor

I loved Amy Carlson as Danny's wife.  I think they just started a new season and she had gone for several months.  Why they didn't make a story out of that we'll never know.  I would have been grief stricken, maybe they figured the audience couldn't handle it  

Respected Contributor

I watched it faithfully up until this season. I just got sick of Danny's shenanigans, Eddie's whining and her interaction with Jamie and Erin and Nicky's problems. Still love Tom Selleck though.

Super Contributor

Love the show..the family and the sitting around the dinner table on Sundays. More of that needs to done with families and extended families and having meaningful or just casual conversations. Now a novel idea it seems.

Honored Contributor

'Still', I think that Tom's character should have some sort of love/friendship interest.  

Maybe something like the Perry Mason-Della Street relationship.

Nothing too lovey-dovey.  

Just 'something'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@nikkimom wrote:

Love the show..the family and the sitting around the dinner table on Sundays. More of that needs to done with families and extended families and having meaningful or just casual conversations. Now a novel idea it seems.

@nikkimom  These days not all family members live close enough to do this. This is true of my family and has been for many years.

Honored Contributor

I had to look Lyle up because I knew I knew him.  He did a fabulous job.  I was thinking during the show I wouldn't mind if they spun that character off into his own show.  He was refreshing.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I loved Amy Carlson as Danny's wife.  I think they just started a new season and she had gone for several months.  Why they didn't make a story out of that we'll never know.  I would have been grief stricken, maybe they figured the audience couldn't handle it  

I miss Linda , especially at the dinners . I am a faithful viewer of BB anyway , but I do not think killing her off was a good idea. I think she could have been a mentor to Edie in the world of being an in-law in such a family.

It was rumoured that $$ negotiations with actress and PTB led to the character's demise (?)   

Honored Contributor
Tom Selleck and pops both need love interests.
I believe the rumors that killing off Linda was the result of a contract dispute.
I’ve come to dislike Erin’s attitude most of the time. She’s insufferable.
Danny needs to stop being angry at the world.
I watch mainly for Tom Selleck. The other character I like is Anthony - Erin’s detective. And I like the office chemistry of the people who work directly under the PC.
Frequent Contributor

I can’t watch Danny. No detective would threaten everyone the way he does. They would be fired and brought up on charges.

Honored Contributor

I've watched every show from the beginning, still watching, but sporadically. I don't miss  Danny's wife, I thought she was a PIA. I hope Danny's love interest will be his partner. I think the show needs some new characters.