Valued Contributor

Re: Anthony Anderson leaving Law and Order

"Jill Hennessy would be excellent."

Unfortunately, Clair Kincaid was killed by drunk driver at the end of season 6.

Valued Contributor

Dianne Wiest as Nora Lewin, who then-mayor Rudy Guiuliani appointed after Adam Schiff left to work for a Holocaust-related case.

Mike Bloomberg made a cameo appearance as well ...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anthony Anderson's, Camryn Manheim's and Sam Waterston's characters are the reasons I continued to watch this reboot.  While I thought Hugh Dancy did a great job in one of my favorite shows -- Hannibal -- he appears to be ill-suited for the role of an ADA and appears uncertain in his acting. The same applies to Jeffrey Donovan.  Loved him in Burn Notice.  Not so much here. 

However, his interaction with Anthony Anderson regarding racial issues was quite interesting and added to the series' potential.  I'm really sorry to see Anthony leave, but wish him the best.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

Jesse L. Martin is my absolute fave!!! Not only is he an amazing actor, but he's also incredibly handsome.😊 I was sad when he left the show. He worked so well with Jerry Orbach (Lenny Briscoe).

Anthony Anderson is a great actor as well, but his character was better in the original series.

The new ADA, I think his name is Hugh Dancy...just doesn't seem to be a good fit.

Sam Waterston was incredible in the original, but his performances seem very forced in the new series.

@grandma petes  FYI. Hugh Dancey is English, and in real life is married to actress Claire Danes from Homeland. He is faking an American accent in L&O.