Honored Contributor

Re: Anthony Anderson leaving Law and Order

[ Edited ]

Is Jesse Martin a fact or a rumor or a hope?

And Anderson's sidekick, I was cool to him at first but he's growing on me.  Acts like a real cop.

Honored Contributor

He only signed a one year contract, he didn't intend to stay on.  They should not have brought it back.  It's boring and pointless and the actors have no chemistry.   They tried to do exactly the way they did it before with no changes at all but it's just not working.  

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac Sam Waterston was the DA at the end of the series. The female DA came between Adam Schiff and Fred Thompson.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

I agree the new DA is not a good fit. I can't decide if the problem is with the actor or the writing.

Both.....   

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Is Jesse Martin a fact or a rumor or a hope?

He was a hope. Note my original post said if. It would be a long shot at best. We can only hope.

Trusted Contributor

I think they need to do better with the writing and actors.  The stories seemed to be more/all current event issues/problems.  The old one was about stories (that you could relate to sometimes) but it was the actual stories that got you...brought you in. And the actors...the male/female ADA just didn't work for me.  They just don't seem to be a good fit. 

Honored Contributor

I still watch law and order reruns every night.    I was lucky because I didn't watch it when it came out as I used to watch QVC   24/7.  I missed so much. So when I quit watching QVC I had years to catch up on.  But when I started watching it every week it was at the tail end of Lenny's run.   Since then I have seen every episode a billion times. What is fun is to see how times have changed.  Cell phones ware one addition to Law and Order.  Lol. At the beginning, they didn't use them or take photos with phone like now.   It was those old computers.  Without AOL.  LOL. BOY HAVE TIMES CHANGED

Trusted Contributor

@Jaspersmom Anthony Anderson committed to one year on the show; he decided not to return.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched the reboot.  Is everyone saying they don't like Cameron Mannheim as DA?   ThT is so sad because aI like her in everything I ever seen her in.  She guested on law and order before as a lawyer I think who did sign language.  She was good.  I am sad to hear that.  

Honored Contributor

I like the commercials he does with his mother, so cute!!!