Honored Contributor

Re: AnotherJeopardy Question

Ken Jenningzzzzzz....blah

Mayim B....a tad bit better, but a little too faux perky for me.

How about Amy Schneider?  She was a bore after a while as a winner, but I think she would be great as as host.

Contributor

I think both Ken and Mayim are doing a great job hosting jeopardy.  

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Ken Jenningzzzzzz....blah

Mayim B....a tad bit better, but a little too faux perky for me.

How about Amy Schneider?  She was a bore after a while as a winner, but I think she would be great as as host.

I think that might be a great idea.  She is pleasant and has a sense of humor.  I think she would know when to use it better than Mayim and wouldn't be as perky.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I think that might be a great idea.  She is pleasant and has a sense of humor.  I think she would know when to use it better than Mayim and wouldn't be as perky.

I agree with you @BridgegalI doubt anyone looking for words to describe Ms Schneider would come up with the word "perky". I don't consider that a bad thing because no one  would use that word for me either. With Amy as host there would most likely be things that would overshadow the game. For me the game is the main thing.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Amy Schneider?  I've always said that not just anyone can be a game show host; it takes a special skill/talent. This has sure become apparent during this whole Jeopardy fiasco.  I don't think some dull engineering manager is going to cut it. 

Honored Contributor

Amy Schneider is taking a leave of absence from her job and also writing a book.

Maybe she will tryout for host of Jeopardy too??

Contributor

I have been a life long Jeopardy fan, since watching the game with my grandfather when it was hosted by Art Fleming and I was actually a contensant back in the day in the teen tournament. I never miss a show - I tape it and watch it later in the evneing.

That being said, when Amy was on I just could not stand her and didn't watch the game after her third win and anxiously awaited the day she would finally lose. I belong to a trivia team (which has as some of its members former Jeopardy contestants) and we almost all agree that not only was she not fun to watch, she would be a horrible host.

Her fifteen minutes of fame are up - time to move on.

Esteemed Contributor

No chance that Amy Schneider's 15 minutes are up or will be in the foreseeable future. Due to what she accomplished on the show we will be hearing her name for years to come just like we continue to hear the names Ken Jennings, James Holzhauer, Matt Amodio, and Brad Rutter.