Respected Contributor

Just curious if anyone has heard why Ken Jennings was introduced as "hosting Jeopardy is" Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik intro is " the host of Jeopardy" ....   Is she now the full host?  No more Ken?

Respected Contributor

Re: AnotherJeopardy Question

I have been wondering the same thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Just curious if anyone has heard why Ken Jennings was introduced as "hosting Jeopardy is" Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik intro is " the host of Jeopardy" ....   Is she now the full host?  No more Ken?

@Bridgegal - I think it is because Mayim has been hired to host special Jeopardy events in prime time like the college games next week.  Ken, is just helping to fill in with Mayim for the regular Jeopardy games until they pick a permanent host.

Honored Contributor

I liked Mayim on Big Bang, but not on Jeopardy. She's too much like the typical game show host, too perky like that Katie Couric. I'm hoping, since she'll be doing that college thing next week, Ken will be back hosting.

Respected Contributor

The latest announcement I saw (which was this week) is the two would share the spot for now which will be at least the next six months.

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh as this is a silly going debate (and sometimes gets pretty ugly) on the J! FB page.

She's doing the gig now and they will be sharing hosting duties for about 6 months or so.

I really don't care who is called "host" or "hosting".

Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal - I think it is because Mayim has been hired to host special Jeopardy events in prime time like the college games next week.  Ken, is just helping to fill in with Mayim for the regular Jeopardy games until they pick a permanent host.

@twinsister    That is correct but she has been hosting all week and it's just a regular game, no tournament or special game.   That is why I'm wondering.

Esteemed Contributor

Mayim has a contract as a host.  Ken probably has a short-term deal, but is not contracted as a host.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

Mayim doesn't do "perky" very well. I think she is a great actress when she is playing someone else, but don't think she is a good fit for Jeopardy. Her acting talent is wasted being a show host. 

Respected Contributor

@Duckncover 

I agree.  I like a little appropriate levity, even AT did that but she is just a bit silly too much, IMO.  I prefer Ken J