Respected Contributor

Re: Another show Lost to Discovery +

We received Netflix as a gift from our daughter for Mother's Day.  It has already gone up in price.  We pay way too much for our xfinity and still do not get all the channels I would like to have.  We do have Peacock included in our xfinity/Comcast package. 

If any show I watch goes to another streaming service I will just let it go.  I refuse to have to spend any more money for TV.  I will not do it.  😤😤😤😤

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac    There were some before the pandemic and others were being planned.  You don't make a streaming service overnight.  Don't think covid had anything to do with it.  It certainly was to their advantage, however. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the FCC needs to take a close look at these streaming services.  There something very wrong about a production company suddenly forcing viewer to pay separately to watch a show they've watched for years through their cable or satellite subscription.  It's almost like blackmail;  "you pay us a fee or we're going to cut you off of your favorite program."   They're holding programming hostage.

Maybe we should all start filing complaints with the FCC. 

@Kachina624 You aren't forced to watch anything.  Don't watch and that does send a message.  More effectively than asking the FCC. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    I guess I won't be watching because I'm not subscribing to Discovery+. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Just a few weeks ago my cable/internet/land line which are bundled went up $12 a month. And we lost The Weather Channel to boot where I didn't watch the weather as much as I watched a couple of shows they have on. Two of which were actually about tow truckers during bad storms way up north. Yep, that's what I watched. In it's place we now have an Accu Weather Channel.  

This isn't the first time I've lost channels I watched. It always has to do with a $$$ dispute of course. 

Honored Contributor

The cable companies are in panic mode because everyone is streaming and canceling cable TV.  They're trying to get money any way they can.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    I guess I won't be watching because I'm not subscribing to Discovery+. 

@Kachina624 US either!  We have been nickled and dimed to death with this stuff.  Time to call a halt to it. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I saw a show advertised on Ina Garten's Instagram this AM. It was Ina and Melissa McCarthy making cocktails, I got excited till I saw it starts streaming Friday on Discovery +.  My loss, but I refuse to spend one more dime on streaming.

Saw the same thing! Decided the same thing.

Much as I'd love to see that, I'll live without it. It's gotten out of control, and not worth all the separate streaming charges. Plus, though there is little I watch on the tube anymore ...I haven't, like some, given up regular cable.

For streaming, I have Prime (which is sometimes a joke as they still charge for all the good movies), I have Netflix, and I joined Hulu again, but haven't watched it in the past 3 months, thinking of cancelling again. But I refuse to start paying for everything, everywhere, one channel at a time. I love Lauren Graham, from Gilmore Girls, and Parenthood, and she's going to be in the Mighty Ducks reboot, but it's on Disney+...so I won't be rushing to get that. I'm still on Season 1 of Parenthood on Prime...plenty to watch on what I already have.

Respected Contributor

Discovery +

No way.

Never .

Valued Contributor

I love Discovery Plus. I can watch entire seasons of my favorite shows. No commercials.