Respected Contributor

Re: Another Show On JonBenet Ramsey Tonight

I have my doubts a family member did it, but having said that, I do find Burke's behavior to be odd at best. Did you see his interview with Dr. Phil back when?  He was smiling and laughing through the whole thing. Very strange.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The Ramseys had some type of Open House the day before Jon Benet's death.  I always thought that the man (I am thinking a neighbor) hid in the basement until everyone was sleeping.  That was really botched police work and I could not believe when John Ramsey found his daughter and picked her up and carried her upstairs.  He should have known better.

So true. I found it interesting that the great police detective Joe Kenda was asked about this case--and even consulted due to his high success rate at soving crimes---and he said no one will ever pay for this crime due to the botched police work and mishandling of evidence early on. Nothing would hold up in court.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

• @occasionalrain wrote:

That a nine year old average size child could have managed to accomplish what was done to a healthy six year old is ludicrous.  Train tracks, really? That man wanted to believe Burke  did it and disregarded any evidence that proved him wrong.

Explaining the male DNA as from the manufacturer makes no sense in that no caring mother would have her child wear panties before they were laundered. 

@occasionalrain  I'm pretty sure Patsy told the police she took them fresh out of the package and JB wore them. Your thought about them is pure assumption.

Working from memory here.  I believe that the panties were size 10, and  were taken from a giftwrapped package for Patsy's niece. JonBenet was 6 years old, and would have worn no bigger than a 6X pantie.  This contributed to the theory that JonBenet had been hurriedly changed into whatever was most handily available after wetting herself.

The pineapple ties into this, too, since it can act as an irritant, so best not to eat a lot of it, or before bed.  It makes you have to go. 

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I always wondered about "Santa Claus" (the neighbor who player him and was very familiar with her, her family and the house). Just got a creepy feeling about him.

"Creepy feelings" aren't evidence in court. And it's my understanding he's been cleared.

If this isn't creepy I don't know what is. Understand? From his OWN lips quote.......

"I felt very close to that little girl. I don't really have other children that I have this special relationship with — not even my own children or my own grandchildren... When I die, I'm going to be cremated. I've asked my wife to mix the star dust JonBenét gave me with my ashes. We're going to go up behind the cabin here and have it blow away in the wind."

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Houstonoilers wrote:

Everyone seems to be saying they didn't learn anything new.  I learned some new things that steer me away from the Ramseys.

Jon Benet had male DNA on her panites, her pajama leg and under her fingernails.  So unless the Ramseys killed Jon Benet and then got in a car searching for some random homeless man to collect DNA with which to place in on Jon Benet's undergarments and under her fingernails - they did not do this.  Find out whose DNA this is and you will  know who the killer is.  The DNA does not match any of the Ramseys.

Also, Jon Benet had stun gun marks on her and the Ramseys did not own a stun gun.  

Another strange fact that I learned - all those houseguests in the Ramsey home messing up the crime scene.  These were educated, supposedly "Boulder society".  No one in that group said anything like - gee, we should leave, we are contaminating the crime scene with our fingerprints and DNA.  Some of these people actually went into the kitchen and made toast!  Afterwards, they cleaned up the kitchen with Windex!  The ransom note was passed around from person to person getting everyone's fingerprints on it.  It makes me wonder if the killer was in that group of guests possibly encouraging this contamination.  

@Houstonoilers  Lou Smit's hypothesis was the marks were made by a stun gun. That has not been proven. According to a book whose author's name I can't recall now, they also match places on toy train tracks from Burke's toy train set. This author made a very persuasive case for Burke having killed JB, which explains why Patsy would have written a ransom note and why John wanted to get out of town immediately and still fly to their home in Michigan thecdayvafter Xmas. It also explains pineapple in JB's stomach if both kids were up after John and Patsy went to bed that night (bowl that had contained pineapple was found in kitchen on the table I think). The parents' odd behavior can all be explained as making sense if they were covering up for Burke. And BTW, John and Burke never sued that author, perhaps because truth is an absolute defense to defamation. 

The name of the book is Foreign Faction by James Kolar.  I think Kolar was brought in very late in the case.  The other book is by Steve Thomas, who was on the case in the beginning and did not come to the same conclusion.

John Douglas, who wrote Mindhunter, backs the intruder theory.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I always wondered about "Santa Claus" (the neighbor who player him and was very familiar with her, her family and the house). Just got a creepy feeling about him.

"Creepy feelings" aren't evidence in court. And it's my understanding he's been cleared.

If this isn't creepy I don't know what is. Understand? From his OWN lips quote.......

"I felt very close to that little girl. I don't really have other children that I have this special relationship with — not even my own children or my own grandchildren... When I die, I'm going to be cremated. I've asked my wife to mix the star dust JonBenét gave me with my ashes. We're going to go up behind the cabin here and have it blow away in the wind."

So is the creepy "Santa guy" still alive?

Honored Contributor

Likely  the intruder was in the house for hours while the family was at their friends house for dinner and had ample time to wonder the house, find out about the bonus, and write the note.

Had a family member been the killer, the only reason to write the note was if they meant to dispose of the body away from the house. What possible reason would they have to stage her body when they could have just removed it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

I purposely avoid watching anything like this, but I know the interest in the case will NEVER go away.  

Oddly enough, a man I worked for early in my Washington, DC, career became the family's PR rep at some point.  I never understood why, (maybe he knew them) but I'm assuming they thought he could help.  I remember seeing him on TV at least once speaking to the press.

I thought of him about a month ago when I was having a conversation with a friend about former bosses who had been miserable human beings.

After a brief search, I discovered that he died some years back of a stroke. 

When I think anything about this terrible murder, I pray that her sweet soul is at peace.  So troubling.

Honored Contributor

If you can't get enough of the JBR case then you can subscribe to Discovery+ streaming and watch another show about it there. It just never ends with this little girl.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Yes her brother would explain a lot, including Patsy writing the ransom note to protect him (I have no doubt she wrote it).  Adding credence to the brother theory is what a weirdo (creepy) he was on the Dr. Phil show.

How could her brother have pulled that off at such a young age? Doubtful. The evidence points to her mother.

@Effie54  Rage/jealousy at JB.

I don't believe he could pull it off - he was too young and too small to have strangled her with a garot. That took adult strength.