Trusted Contributor

Re: Another Show On JonBenet Ramsey Tonight

jmo....I wish they would quit hollywood glamorizing and let these families have peace....they need to do shows about the real heros....people who are on the front line of this pademic...the families that have endured their loved one being murdered by these evil beings.....I cannot stand how they give a murderer so much exposure on tv....shows like ted bundy, uni-bomber, gacey, bk killer, jodi, jeffrey dalmer....way tooo many shows about these monsters and not enough about the real heros

Esteemed Contributor

They need to do Genetic Testing on that DNA.  That will answer questions for once and for all.  I can't believe that hasn't already been pursued.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ  Yes, the Santa's DNA wasn't a match. 

Honored Contributor

Smit left a list of 20 suspects, one of which he believed was the killer. They have eliminated  seven whose DNA didn't  match and are continuing to find and obtain DNA from those remaining.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

To me, the most interesting thing about last night's show was that they only mentioned Burke, the younger, weird brother in passing (and didn't interview him at all.  I'm thinking there must be legal/ liability issues at stake.

@patbz  IMO they left out a heck of a lot fir a 2 hr show including the mention of any DNA found possibly coming from handling the garments by people other than the killer. ( e.g. the underwear was brand new and the miniscule DNA amount could have been left during the manufacturing process). 

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Years ago I saw the brother interviewed on Dr. Phil. He seemed strange.

@colliemom4   "Strange" is subjective.  Dr. Phil indicated that Burke was not autistic or weird or creepy.  He suffered from anxiety and experienced "siege mentality"-being isolated and moved around because of all the scrutiny on him.

He was 9 years old at the time of the murder and I believe eventually received a settlement from CBS(?) for the accusation that he was the murderer.

We will never know what happened to Jon Benet;  this show was just an enticement for those who "just know" what really happened, shoring up the certainty in the minds of those who were not there.

If this show had anything to submit as conclusive, whoever killed Jon Benet would now be in custody,

Another $$ maker for the station, another way to wag tongues, and another way to showcase that people really know nothing.

Specualting is one thing; but when it is rehashed to death it loses credibility. 

Let Patsy and Jon Benet rest in peace; let John and Burke live their lives.

Patsy even died before the apology was issue to this family.  I think it is wrong to continue with these "investigative shows" that do nothing but bring up finger-pointing and armchair detectives.

Nobody knows what they would have done had this happened to them; nobody. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

And btw:  Standards do not demand that an opinion cannot be repeated once one poster has said the same thing already.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

And btw:  Standards do not demand that an opinion cannot be repeated once one poster has said the same thing already.

@Cakers3  But they do address off topic and BAITING.

Honored Contributor

Genetic genealogy might be a useful tool for this case. What else is left to do with that DNA they got from the clothing? Why hven't they gone there yet?

Trusted Contributor

I did watch this last night as I got ready to close the house down. I didn't see anything new but it was interesting to see the whole overview in one show from that night to now.

Genetic geneology was mentioned here. That would be a riveting show. I wonder if there is enough DNA remaining for that? Also, I remember the discussions about that DNA possibly being from the chaotic crime scene activity and/or sale of the garments.

No real discussion last night about the odd specific ransom amount in the weird ransom note.

I remember what a media circus the little girl's death was. It was so in your face that one of the late night comedy sketch shows had a running joke sequence spoofing the father.