Respected Contributor

Re: Another Netflix movie recommendation

@Mirren wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Mirren   I hope you like it.  Give it a bit before you decide; I didn't love it at the get-go, but then I really enjoyed it.

Yes. There can be a payoff for patience. I almost quit on Schitt's Creek, and the person who had insisted I watch it insisted again. Thankfully, it was funny enough to keep me engaged until the shift that made all the difference. Now it is one of my favorite shows of all time. So wonderfully witty and filled with love...

I almost quit Schitts after two episodes too.  For one i couldn't stand Chris Elliot or his character.  But two very different people recommended it, so i stuck.  Before i knew it i was hooked.  So very funny and full of heart and quirky!  I can't remember laughing as much at a series in years.  And becoming so invested in the characters.  My favorite scene is when David sings The Best in the store to Patrick.  Also when Johnny chews out his old snobby friends at the restaurant.  

Another good series recommended to me is Kim's Convenience, also a comedy, with heart and a bit of quirkiness.  Canadian as well.

Respected Contributor

I recently watched EXTRACTION; wow!  Rambo on steroids!  

Honored Contributor

Husband and I watched Confirmation last night based on your recommendation, @faeriemoon.  It was good🙂

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Husband and I watched Confirmation last night based on your recommendation, @faeriemoon.  It was good🙂

@tansy  I agree! 

I’m still trying to figure out where the title comes from or means. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I recently watched EXTRACTION; wow!  Rambo on steroids!  

@BornToShop I hope to watch that this weekend. Anxiously looking forward to it!!

Keepin' it real.
Occasional Contributor

A good show to watch on Netflix is Crash Landing On You. 16 episodes
Honored Contributor

@tansy  Yay!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy  I agree! 

The son was in the process of making his First Communion and Confirmation at the same time because the mother and step father had recently reconnected with the church.  The son was sort of in a "being a good Catholic" mode so he could have these sacraments soon; thus the reason he was going to weekly confession.  I think it was also a bit of a play on words regarding his new found bond with his father.

@Teddie 

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy  I agree! 

The son was in the process of making his First Communion and Confirmation at the same time because the mother and step father had recently reconnected with the church.  The son was sort of in a "being a good Catholic" mode so he could have these sacraments soon; thus the reason he was going to weekly confession.  I think it was also a bit of a play on words regarding his new found bond with his father.

@Teddie 

@faeriemoon  Well, thank you for that great explanation! I knew about the references to the Catholic faith and such. Wasn’t that First Communion something else? The priest seemed to insist he confess to something—anything, even suggesting the young boy might be having impure thoughts. That part was annoying to me.