Honored Contributor

I record their shows and watched it last night.  WOW!  What a fantastic show and another tear jerker.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: Another Home Town on HGTV

@Imaoldhippie I also record their shows...this week's was a good one. I really like Ben & Erin. Been watching them since the beginning and, so far, have not tired of them like I have some other HGTV & Magnolia Network couples.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie  I really like the more "family oriented" hgtv shows like Home Town.  Also really like Jenny and Dave (Fixer to Fabulous) and  Chip and Joanna Gaines remodeling shows on hgtv. I haven't watched the Magnolia channel very much.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I record their shows and watched it last night.  WOW!  What a fantastic show and another tear jerker.

I'm curious. What's this show actually about? And why the tears? thnx

Esteemed Contributor

I love Home Town and have been watching from the beginning. Ben and Erin seem sincere and not affected by their fame.  Sunday's episode was very touching with the town helping out.  I would love to visit Laurel some day,

Frequent Contributor

@twinsister 

Not only would I like to visit, I'd love to live there!!  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

my hubs was a builder and i'm wondering if there are any inspections, on these homes as they are being built? The only time i've heard of inspections, is on Flip/flop and windy city rehab.

I like Hometown, too, and would love to live in Laurel. It almost sounds too good to be true.

Honored Contributor

We have quit watching in the last year.  Too many stories, too little remodeling.  They are personalities now, so it's not about remodeling houses any more.  Not even much footage or talk about it. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We have quit watching in the last year.  Too many stories, too little remodeling.  They are personalities now, so it's not about remodeling houses any more.  Not even much footage or talk about it. 

I agree. At one time I watched a good bit of HGTV but haven't for quite some time. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched Home Town for the last couple of years.  I'm not into their style and while both appear to be genuinely nice people, I found them a little dry/boring to watch.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown