Respected Contributor

CSI will lose one of its original stars, Paul Guilfoyle, by the end of the current season, EW has confirmed. The actor, who has played Captain Jim Brass since the CBS show debuted in 2000, is only one of two original stars left on the show; George Eads, who plays Nick Stokes, will be the lone remaining original actor when season 15 kicks off in the fall.

Wonder if they will kill him off too?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another CBS star leaving

I liked his character - I can't say that I particularly liked when he was the focus of the story, like with his daughter storylines. But, I feel like he added a gravitas in his professional police role. I did notice that they added the actor that was in Numbers as a detective so maybe they were already getting ready to phase him out. I also hope he isn't killed, but is able to just retire gracefully.
Respected Contributor
Super Contributor

Alter Ego, I never cared for the storyline about his daughter either. I hate to see another original leave, but don't think it will make much of a difference. I always hoped that William Peterson would come back for a couple of episodes but he never did. Smiley Sad. Actually, Jorja Fox was an original. , wasn't she? (Maybe b/c she left & returned?)
Esteemed Contributor

Jorga Foxx wasn't in the pilot episode.
Honored Contributor

I think this show has been on for too long. I haven't really liked it since Gil Grissom left and when they killed off the character of Warren. I watch out of habit but wouldn't be upset if it were canceled.

Esteemed Contributor

Jorja Fox left for a couple of years.

I am not going to miss Capt Brass. I have felt the last couple of years he has become too hard-a*$*$ for me. He is extremely accusatory towards whomever it is he "thinks" is guilty and he is not always correct.

Like others, I really miss William Petersen and wish he would make guest appearances. I didn't like it when Sara and Gil got divorced.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Super Contributor

I haven't watched since Grissom left. it was ""must see Tv"" in the early years but then I got bored.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of William Petersen, has he been on anything since CSI ?

Honored Contributor

I couldn't find any reason why he's leaving. Also tried to see who is replacing him and haven't seen that yet.

I have seen a nice looking guy who replaced him a few times. I think it's time some of these shows have Hispanic and African American actors in them.

Life is all about all colors. I'd like to see TV mix it up more. I'd like to see people in wheelchairs and people who walk with canes.

You don't even see fat people on American TV. That's the neat thing about BBC TV. The people look real. They don't have perfect teeth and aren't beautiful.

Anyway, I am going to miss him. I watched an episode recently where he helped a young girl who was a pros titute. Remember on the show he had a daughter who was one and she died.

The acting, especially with him and this young girl was wonderful. I hope I see him on other shows, even if it's only as a guess.