Honored Contributor

Re: Annette Bening Is Going to Take On the Role of Blonde Bombshell, Gloria Grahame

Oznell !

I understand what you are saying and many people judge movies by those standards.  It can be a turn off knowing negative things about stars, producers et cetera.

I of course do not condone Woody Allen's back round and was appalled when he seduced his step daughter.  However, I have to admit I love his movies and one of my favorites is Radio Days.  Whenever I need a lift or want to watch something light and nostalgic, I put on Radio Days.  It makes me laugh, I love the music and just get lost in it.  When people tell me they dislike Allen I tell them he only narrates that movie so they don't have to see him on screen, it is worth watching.  Mia Farrow was great in that movie and it had a terrific cast.

I am sure many stars had sordid pasts without a doubt.  But if they made a great movie, I will still love the movie if it is something I enjoy. I am sure many stars had to hide their lives from the public and project a certain image.

Honored Contributor

Re: Annette Bening Is Going to Take On the Role of Blonde Bombshell, Gloria Grahame

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, @Judaline, the Hollywood greats of old will always be remembered-- we're doing our part to keep their names "in the ether" aren't we, ha.  And hubby and I have done our best to expose our son to Golden Age movies, so here's hoping it takes.

When he was five, some older kids at a family gathering who were listening to Josh Groban asked him who his favorite music artist was.  "Sinatra', he said...

Wonderful, rofl. You did it right, @Oznell.